• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Builder quits unexpectedly on High Sierra

Engaged ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is a known issue with AIR 28 - but due to the fact this is preventing us from upgrading - I'm hoping for an indication as to when this might be addressed?

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Simple answer here is - use Indigo and not Juno.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Flash Builder 4.7 - on install you have the option of using the Eclipse-Plugin or Standalone (bundled with Eclipse).

Adobe, should the JARS be placed elsewhere when running Flash Builder 4.7 with an existing Eclipse?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 10, 2018 Mar 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had reinstalled it from the CC menu, so I'm guessing it's standalone. I didn't see any Eclipse options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be a headache to try to switch to using the Stand Alone.

Adobe, can you please confirm where the JARS should be placed when using the plugin FB 4.7?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, third time trying to upgrade to High Sierra..

I've added the two JARS as described in the post - so the standalone Flash Builder allows me to see the export settings.

However, Flash Builder does not function properly - i'm not sure why but after importing all of my projects - I'm seeing: "An internal error has occurred" - so although I can see the Export Settings - I can't do anything with them.

Getting back to Eclipse Juno that I use with the FB Plugin..  I've tried adding the two JARS to my eclipse juno plugins folder to no avail of course - the two JARS needing replacing are a different version:

org.eclipse.swt_3.100.0.v4233d.jar

org.eclipse.swt.cocoa.macosx.x86_64_3.100.0.v4233d.jar

Can you please share what you did when you rebuilt the two JARS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please follow below steps for the fresh installation of Adobe Flash Builder 4.7.

1. Remove existing Flash Builder from your System.

2. Do a fresh Installation of Adobe Flash Builder 4.7 from creative cloud.

3. Set the Flex SDK using ditto Command at location  Applications/Adobe Flash Builder 4.7 (64 Bit)/sdks/4.6.0

4. Set the AIR SDK at location  Applications/Adobe Flash Builder 4.7 (64 Bit)/eclipse/plugins/com.adobe.flash.compiler_4.7.0.349722/AIRSDK

5. Replace the jars at the location “/Applications/Adobe Flash Builder 4.7/eclipse/plugins/”.

6. Restart Flash Builder.

Steps to replace the jars (Step 5) are placed at (http://blogs.adobe.com/flashplayer/2018/02/running-adobe-flash-builder-on-mac-with-java-78 .html)

Regards,

Adobe AIR Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response.  However, I am using Eclipse Juno with a plugin that you guys offered as an install option before Flash Builder was moved to Creative Cloud.

So, if you could share what you did to those two JARS in Step 5 - I can attempt to do the same to rebuild these older JARS from Juno:

org.eclipse.swt_3.100.0.v4233d.jar

org.eclipse.swt.cocoa.macosx.x86_64_3.100.0.v4233d.jar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The patch files linked at http://blogs.adobe.com/flashplayer/2018/02/running-adobe-flash-builder-on-mac-with-java-78 are not available anymore.

Where can we download them from?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2019 Jun 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much! That worked. I can now export the release build of my project in macOS Mojave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple answer here is - use Indigo and not Juno.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines