Exit

flash cs5 / cs5.5 multitasking

New Here ,
May 05, 2011 May 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi tehre , flash cs5 (aid2.6)/ cs5.5

i read it possible to create apps with multitasking

so , how i create multitasking apps , i mean when i click on home button(iphone button) it not restart my apps?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 05, 2011 May 05, 2011

If you make an app using Flash CS5, and the packager from October 2010, the app can run on the original iPhone as well as all of the more recent ones. If you make an app with Flash CS 5.5, the app cannot run on the original iPhone, or on the iPhone 3G. It can only run on iPhone 3GS and the more recent models (iPhone 4, iPad, iPad 2, iPod Touch 3rd and 4th generation).

So, if you don't mind making the app only work for the iPhone 3GS and later, then you should get CS5.5 and use that. If you want t

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's how it works now if you do nothing at all. Your app will carry on where it was when you go back to it. If anything we now have the opposite problem, in order to test your startup sequence you have to force quit the app, and then try again. We may need to start putting in a feature in apps to allow people to watch the intro animation again (if the app has one of those).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that what i think

so why i publish and that not multitasking , i mean when i comeback the apps restart

i have cs5 with air 2.6 sdk

i update my cs 5

help > updates (installed all)

after i download air 2.6 sdk > change the PFI name , and create new empty folder PFI export only the sdk 2.6 files

and add this files for my PFI folder :

Flash Professional CS5 Update for iOS

10/11/2010 This update to Flash Professional CS5 addresses issues when submitting AIR applications for iOS to Apple’s App Store that resulted from changes to Apple’s application submissions tools.

IMPORTANT: Please download and install the Flash Professional CS5 Update 11.0.2 prior to installing this update for iOS.

Download the Flash Professional CS5 Update for iOS for all languages:

somthing worng ?
why the multitasking dont work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To get it to work when using CS5, you would have to build the app using the command line, and ADT. If you do it from Flash then it's using the PFI still.

If you're at all thinking of upgrading to CS5.5, go ahead now and download the trial version, and publish your app from CS5.5. Then it will use ADT and AIR 2.6 correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which device and iOS version are you targeting? If you are targeting iPhone 3GS and above, it makes sense to upgrade to CS5.5. There are number of new features and improvements in AIR 2.6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for all so good guys

To get it to work when using CS5, you would have to build the app using the command line, and ADT. If you do it from Flash then it's using the PFI still. (what you mean?) what command line? how?

If you're at all thinking of upgrading to CS5.5, go ahead now and download the trial version, and publish your app from CS5.5. Then it will use ADT and AIR 2.6 correctly.

i dont undter stand you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you make an app using Flash CS5, and the packager from October 2010, the app can run on the original iPhone as well as all of the more recent ones. If you make an app with Flash CS 5.5, the app cannot run on the original iPhone, or on the iPhone 3G. It can only run on iPhone 3GS and the more recent models (iPhone 4, iPad, iPad 2, iPod Touch 3rd and 4th generation).

So, if you don't mind making the app only work for the iPhone 3GS and later, then you should get CS5.5 and use that. If you want the app to work on the older iPhones, then you have to stick with CS5, and use the old packager. If you do that, you won't be able to have the multitasking feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks all guys!

i understand that subject  100%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines