Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player: FULLSCREEN_INTERACTIVE barely usable

Advocate ,
Dec 04, 2014 Dec 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am aware that this is not an Air question, but Flash forums seem to be pretty useless by now.. So in our cross-platform game we are using FULLSCREEN_INTERACTIVE to allow user keyboard input while in fullscreen. In Air this works fine but in the browser it's borderline unusable.

Right now the user is asked once at the beginning of the fullscreen if he wants to allow interactive fullscreen. It starts that there is no "remember my decision" option for the current webpage here. What's worse though is, that EVERYTIME the user moves the mouse to the top, the ugly overlay is triggered once again. There is not even a minimum time til the next trigger. It's super annoying and we have (like most games) UI in the top of the screen which triggers the Flash overlay almost the whole time. We have lots of user requests to "reduce the interval" in which the overlay is shown. Last but not least, when the user clicks "Allow" on fullscreen activation, this is even carried as a MouseEvent into the Flash application. Our users randomly enter games in the lobby without any intention.

To my knowledge the dialog can not be customized by the developers but I am sure this can easily be improved by 300%. It would be really appreciated if there were some ressources allocated to this problem.. Thanks

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 05, 2014 Dec 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hear you about the "do not ask again" option, however the team has decided that adding a feature like this could be a security vulnerability.  As for removing the placard, have you played around with mouselock?

http://renaun.com/blog/2012/04/using-fullscreen-interactive-and-mouse-lock-in-flash-player-11-3/

http://inflagrantedelicto.memoryspiral.com/2012/07/as3-quickie-mouse-lock-and-relative-mouse-coordin...

If you feel like we've got bugs we need to address, please add them to bugbase.adobe.com (with sample code) and let me know the bug numbers.  I'll have someone investigate.

Thanks,
Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 05, 2015 Jan 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Chris,

thanks for your response. I tried your suggestion with mouselock, but the only thing that happens is that the mouse pointer becomes invisible, but I can still trigger the overlay by moving upward.

I do not feel that this behavior is a bug. The overlay appears whenever I move the mouse pointer to the top. It feels more like a poor design choice for "security". Maybe you see options to alter this behavior in future releases? Right now it's a huge immersion breaker for fullscreen games.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines