• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Full Screen AIR app on MS Surface - taskbar flashing

Enthusiast ,
Oct 23, 2015 Oct 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have an app running on the Surface. All works fine, except sometimes when pressing a button there is a quick flash from the taskbar momentarily appearing at the bottom of the screen? The Surface is running Windows 8.

Any thoughts?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 25, 2015 Oct 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing? I can't be the only one running a Full screen AIR app on a Surface? Or wait... probably I am. This happens across every surface I've tried it on and is a real problem. It's not only distracting, it eats mouse clicks and prevents proper interaction with the app. And not only does the taskbar flash on, the entire desktop screen shows every so often, just from clicking on the app - whether on a button or not. Seems to definitely be a bug in air... and perfect that this app is supposed to go live in 100+ stores next week...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 26, 2015 Oct 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, so got a couple more Surfaces this morning and these do not exhibit the flashing behavior. All running same version of AIR (19.0.0.190) and Windows 8, so I have no real idea why this is happening. But on the ones it does it makes the app fairly sucky to interact with. Looking at differences in processes and such now... so - hopefully (probably) it's not a bug in AIR. Will report back if I figure anything out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines