• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Google play and Adobe air: Security Alert: You are using a highly vulnerable version of OpenSSL

Jun 12, 2014 Jun 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I just got a message from google play and they said that tehre is a vulnerable version of openssl. Now since I use adobe air to do my apps I was wondering how adobe air can comunnicate with openssl?

I'm using different version of adobe air since 1 years.

Here was the complete message:

Hello,

One or more of your apps is running an outdated version of OpenSSL, which has multiple security vulnerabilities. You should update OpenSSL as soon as possible. For more information about the most recent security vulnerability in OpenSSL, please see http://www.openssl.org/news/secadv_20140605.txt.

Please note, while it's unclear whether these specific issues affect your application, applications with vulnerabilities that expose users to risk of compromise may be considered “dangerous products” and subject to removal from Google Play.

Regards,
Google Play Team

©2014 Google Inc.
1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
Mountain View, CA 94043

Email preferences: You have received this mandatory email service announcement to update you about important changes to your Google Play account.

Do you know how to fix that problem?

Bobby

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 128 Replies 128
Contributor ,
Jul 10, 2014 Jul 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is how you install the SDK in CC but when you publish your project, make sure to change the SDK you were using before.  You have it installed, now you need to target it as Flash CC allows you to have multiple versions.  When you hit, File, Publish Settings, you should see a drop down and select the appropriate new SDK verison.  I believe any SDK version after AIR 14.0.0.125 has the SSL security fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2014 Jul 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I wanted to be sure, that the downloaded AIR SDK has the SSL security fix. In the meantime I have rendered and uploaded my apps and everything worked like expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2014 Dec 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

İ Get a alert from google play. Adobe air sdk 16. open ssl's which version using ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2014 Dec 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Do we have to update ANE's as well ? Also is the issue fixed with AIR 15 ?

Regards,

Kanthi,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, who is getting this error. Uptade your app or game with air latest sdk. Your alert will clear

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about the ANE's ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2014 Dec 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem seems to be fixed with SDK 16. I got the error with SDK 14 and 15, I hope I don't get it with the current SDK.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your application is using OpenSSL with Adobe  Air SDK. You must update your Air sdk latest version (16) and rebuild your application. This is your solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Roostergames,

I understand that the application has to be rebuild with the latest AIR SDK 16. Im trying to know if the ANE's also have to be rebuild with  latest version of the AIR SDK.

Regards,

Kanthi.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think ANE need to be recompile because it did not build with OpenSSL usage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless the ANE uses a version of OpenSSL then you do not need to update the ANE. You will need to check with the author / manufacturer to see if they used OpenSSL in their ANE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2014 Dec 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

It worked for us with AIR 15.0.0. Thank you for support guys.

Regards,

Kanthi.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2015 Jun 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've published my game again with AIR 17 but i've got the Google message again asking me to migrate to a newer version of OpenSSL. It's an error of them, maybe automatically sending the message without checking that i've fixed the problem os there is something more i should do?

Also, how can i check the OpenSSL version of an APK file? i've seen many posts with people explaining how to do it in command line but i dont understand and it's for linux (i have windows 8.1)... is there an easy way?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2016 Mar 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last game published using AIR SDK 20.0 is also getting the warning. I think is an admob ANE that I am using. I will confirm once I can check back at home

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AIR SDK 20.0 is using OpenSSL 1.0.2d 9 Jul 2015

AIR SDK 21.0 is using OpenSSL 1.0.2f  28 Jan 2016

So AIR SDK 21.0 is not affected and unless you're using ANEs that bundle OpenSSL, you should just update AIR SDK and you're safe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our project is not using AdMob, but got the same warning for APK built with AIR 19.0.

We had an APK built with AIR 21.0 published to alpha channel, but affected version specifically stated the old one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2016 May 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All
I also got this OpenSSL alert  trying to launch my app for the first time.

I used AIR 21 and got this alert,

then I tried the latest AIR 22.149 BETA - and the alert went away 

I am using captive air (off course) & Flash Animate to publish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2016 May 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exact AIR 21 version do you have?

AIRSDK 21 198 is working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 01, 2016 Jun 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Edan,

AIR 21 containts OpenSSL version 1.02f. There should be no alert using this SDK. Please confirm if you are seeing error with AIR 21.

Thanks,

Ankit

Adobe Air Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I confirm I got the alert with  version  AIR 21.0.0.123

version AIR 22 beta - is good and has no alert

Edan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Edan,

You are right. We have changed it after that. You can use the latest version of AIR SDK 21.

Thanks,

Ankit

Adobe Air Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Version AIR SDK 21.0.0.215 safe ?

because I can not find version 21.0.0.198 anymore

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2016 Jun 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have updated AIR SDK 19 with the new OpenSSL version 1.0.2f. Please visit Find and download archived versions of Adobe AIR SDK  and download AIR SDK 19.0.0.249. Please let us know in case of any issues.

Thanks,

Ankit

Adobe AIR Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 16, 2016 Jun 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for this ! I am always delighted to see great support from the Adobe team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2016 Oct 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I'm using Flash Professional CC 2014. Will it be compatible with it? (SDK 19) ?

Thanks,

Hitarth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines