• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to design an application using multiple technologies in Animate CC?

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2018 Jul 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a existing iOS application developed in Animate CC using ActionScript3.0. I have to add Augmented Reality(AR) in that application. Can I add the AR component to it using some other technology like Unity?

Is developing an application using multiple technologies supported in Animate CC? If yes, how do i accomplish it?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

External native functionality can be added in Air by using Adobe Native Extensions (ANEs). There are many ANEs developed already for a lot of native functionality, both free libraries and paid libraries. There are a couple of Augmented Reality ANEs around, too:

https://www.google.com/search?q=adobe+native+extension+augmented+reality&oq=adobe+native+extension+a...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On the question of inserting Unity scenes into an AIR app, you could in theory export a WebGL version of your Unity scene, then use StageWebView to show that inside the AIR app. But, I suspect there would be permissions difficulties in reading the device camera.

As newb0rn has shown, you don't need other tools in order to do AR in AIR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines