• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Make Adobe Air as a Java Library

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2014 Aug 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an Adobe Air project for Android written in ActionScript on Flash Builder. I was wondering if I can somehow make this Air project to a java library so that another of my Android project written in Java on eclipse can use it?

I have been looking into the Adobe Air native extension with Java. But it seems what the native extension doing is to run native Java code in Adobe Air. I want to do the opposite.

UPDATES: Just found out a way to call Air stand alone project from Java through java.lang.Runtime. But it may take 1-10 sec to open the stand alone Air project. Is there anyway I can integrate Air application into Java?

If I have to call the stand alone project from Java, then the next problem came, my Air stand alone project will play rtmp live stream. However, that needs to have Flash Player which Android/iOS device do not support it. Is there any way to play rtmp rather than using VLC player? I heard VLC player have 1-2 second delay.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 08, 2014 Aug 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keep in mind that Adobe Air is an environment. Even if you would be able to make your app communicate from Java to Adobe Air, it would still require the Adobe runtime to work. If you want to reuse the same codebase for Adobe Air and Java, I would take a look at http://haxe.org/

Haxe is very similar to ActionScript, you should be able to quickly port your library code from AS3 to Haxe. It will then allow you to compile .swc and .jar libraries from it so you can reuse your library in Air and Java.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi poltergeist,

Thanks for your help. Instead, I was wondering if there maybe a way to "install" Adobe Air project into my Android project (to make Adobe Air part of Android project). I try not to have a standalone Adobe Air Mobile project.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am quite sure this is not possible because Adobe Air is proprietary software which can not easily be incorporated into another project, let alone the license issues this might imply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for help. I'll check the Haxe first. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines