• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Uninstall So I can Reinstall

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2010 Nov 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have had to uninstall Adobe Air A few times because this software Market Samurai seems to get damaged from time to time.

It has always worked in the past to go to control panel and click on uninstall a program, then click Market Samurai and uninstall, then click on Adobe Air And click uninstall and then redownload the whole thing.

This time I was able to uninstall Market Samurai but when I tried to uninstall Adobe Air, it does nothing.

The little blue spinning circle that usually comes up when the computer is working, appears for about half a second and then, nothing.

I have left the computer running for days and it won't uninstall the Adobe Air.

If I try to click on Adobe Air again and then click on uninstall, I get a message that says "please wait until the current program is finished uninstalling or being changed" but it never finishes. After I turn the computer off and go thriugh the same steps, the same thing happens again.

I have even tried to do a system restore but my competer will not go back far enough with the options it gives me.

Does someone know of another way to uninstall the program? Or something I can install to clean it up?

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2010 Nov 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Daniel,

I'm sorry you're having problems uninstalling AIR.  Here's a couple of things to try.

1. Update to the latest version of AIR.  If Market Samurai still does not load, try uninstalling AIR.

2. If that fails, grab your installer log and post it here so we can take a look.

3. If you really want to try and uninstall immediately, we've recommended Microsoft's Installer Cleanup Utility in the past.  It's no longer supported by MS, but it still helps others from time to time.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2010 Nov 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

Thank you so much for that.

The first link you gave me worked. After I installed that version of AIR, I was able to reinstall the market samurai and it worked perfectly.

I was beginning to wonder if I needed to hire someone to fix this problem since the AIR support couldn't help and only referred me to the forums.

I left several inquiries in some of the Adobe forums and got no answer.

I'm glad I found you in that one forum but I was beginning to doubt that I would get an answer.

My next thing to try was to try to delete AIR in "safe mode" but I have never been there and was wondering if that would even work.

For some reason this software has had a problem since I bought it.

I have had to uninstall and reinstall 4 times now and I was wondering if there was a reason for that.

One of the Market Samurai support crew told me I should do manual updates but I have no idea what that means.

Occasionally when I try to use the software, I am prompted to update and I always do so then so I am not aware of any automatic updates.

I chalk it up to my ineptness.

Thank you again for the help, Chris

You are a life saver!

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 23, 2010 Nov 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dan,

Glad to hear the cleanup utility worked for you!  I've heard Market Samurai mention that AIR runtimes have caused problems in the past so I'll contact them and see if we can figure out the problem.

As for manual updates, I suspect they were suggesting that you disable AIR's automatic update functionality.  This is available in our Settings Manager utility, though we highly recommend you leave auto updates enabled to make sure you get the latest security fixes.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2010 Nov 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Chris,

You are a big help!

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines