Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HTC Magic and AIR

Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2011 Jan 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

I was thinking about buying a HTC Magic as some sort of "design testing device" to simulate/check the look & feel and the behavior of my applications on devices with 320x480, for all my other devices got 480x800.

Can anyone confirm, that the HTC Magic is capable of running AIR ? That would be a great help!

Kind regards,

phihochzwei

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi phihochzwel

The HTC Magic phone is too old a phone for adobe air for Android see below for a list of supported air devices:

http://www.adobe.com/flashplatform/certified_devices/smartphones.html

There was an earlier version of air for Android but you needed the Ecalir OS in order to use it.

regards Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DAMNIT......

It seem´s that there is NO DEVICE available, with a resolution of 320x480....

This make´s thins complicated.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi phihochzwel

I do remember reading that you can simulate diffrent sizes of devices on the desktop.

Simulation on the desktop

The -screensize argument  can be used to specify the simulated screen size to use while using ADL  with an application running under the mobileDevice profile. For  information on using ths argument, see the AIR Debug Launcher topic in the Building Adobe AIR Applications guide.

i hope this help.

regards Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

thank´s for the help.

The problem with simulating the screensize is, I do not have necessary hardware to simulate TouchEvents. Another Problem would be also the missing device fonts

regards,

jens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I see. Sorry i could not be more help.

regards Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was worth a try and I appreciate it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seem´s that there is NO DEVICE available, with a resolution of 320x480....

This make´s thins complicated.....

Out of interest, why do you need to test at that resolution if no compatible devices exist anyway?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because it´s a little bit annoying to test the look of an app on the iphone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

fair enough!

howabout loading your app on a 480 x 800 device, with scalemode set to none and a fake stage width x height set to 320 x 480?

it would appear in a window in the corner of the screen then wouldn't it?

it would be a bit small, but you could see how the graphics are arranged in that aspect ratio, and test touchevents.

it wouldn't give you much idea about performance though, which could be wildly different on an iphone 3 or 3g, depending what you're trying to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your welcome.

regards Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines