Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

i0S7 StatusBar Overlays stage, Adobe Air 3.9 Beta Bug? Is there a Workarround

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2013 Sep 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am using Adobe air 3.9 Beta. It seems that iOS7 give you the the possibility to style the Statusbar. But if you open an adobe air application the statusbar overlays the stage by default. It creates problems with my tabs.

statusbaroverlay_menu.png

I tested the app with an iPod and IPhone, both with iOs7 Both have the Issues. If I compile the app with Adobe air 3.8 the Statusbar will be displayed correct.

statusbar_correct_air3_8.png

But I can't use air 3.8 because I need the new Icons 120x120 76x76 etc.

Other people have the same issue. See screenshots https://github.com/mutualmobile/MMDrawerController/issues/51

I think the solution is in the info.plist. There is an option for the info.plist UIViewControllerBasedStatusBarAppearance. We need this paramter to activate or deactivate the Statusbar overlay.

any Ideas?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 25, 2013 Sep 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nimisha,

Is there a timeframe by which the fix will be available in beta?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2013 Sep 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nimisha

Do you think this is what is also effecting iOS7 ignoring <fullScreen>false</fullScreen> ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Phil,

Have you tried latest AIR SDK 3.9 build from labs, it shouldn't be ignoring the tag.

Thanks

-Pahup

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I did but will try again just to ensure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pahup

Its still ignoring the tag. Just complied with the latest 24.09.13 build on labs, this was the result

photo.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please try it with a HelloWorld app?

Thanks

-Pahup

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can try and knock up a hello world app but seems to be an issue for everyone. This post on the starling forum links to the bugbase http://forum.starling-framework.org/topic/faq-for-ios-7#post-44544

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2013 Sep 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are there any news regarding this issue?

this is also happening when coding using xcode but there are fixes, as shown here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17763719/status-bar-wont-disappear/18747724#18747724

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 30, 2013 Sep 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i added this in my descriptor for additional info and the bar is now gone!

<key>UIViewControllerBasedStatusBarAppearance</key>

<false/>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2013 Oct 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the tip, but if I add that key, the status bar becomes transparent and the info (carrier/clock/battery status) is still visible (all is black), and remains visible.

I'm using <fullScreen>true</fullScreen> in my photo-based app, and the status bar is not visible in the beginning. Right after I start the camera roll, the status info appears, and won't go away, overlaying the stage3D layer

we need to set the status bar hidden somehow after a photo is selected or when the user presses Cancel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 06, 2013 Oct 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I confirm that Status Bar is being hidden now by adding the following to the application descriptor under additonal info section

<false/>

Thank you Ben Danis and hope Adobe declares that the solution is official and it works for everyone.  If it is not a good way to resolve this issue please give an appropriate advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 09, 2013 Oct 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue was apparently not fixed in the final AIR 3.9 release yesterday. Still seeing the statusbar overlay over my apps. This is a fairly severe problem that really needs to be fixed (clients have mentioned it as a bug...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 @Apocalyptic0n3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's how i got mine working

in the appDescriptor fullscreen is true

<false/>

in my constructor, and everytime i close the cameraUI, i call stage.displayState = StageDisplayState.FULL_SCREEN. And in my project settings (where I link the anes, i point to the SDK for iOS7 manually)

That was in 3.8

hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not being able to go fullscreen isn't the problem, it's that the status bar appears on top of our apps. There is no known workaround for that bug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also being full screen crashes the app coming back from camera roll.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2013 Oct 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded Air SDK today, and besides the status bar problem I got this on an iPad2:

trace(stage.fullScreenWidth, "x", stage.fullScreenHeight); // 788 x 1004

My app is mostly portrait and, my stage is set to 640x640 px to acomodate rotation and scaleing (showAll). When the app is forced from landscape mode to default rotation, stage will remain scaled to 788px wide and cropped. That trace is on StageOrientationEvent.ORIENTATION_CHANGE and so far it worked great on Air 3.7 on iOS <7. I only updated air to fix the microphone bug on iOS7.

I use this code to rotate:

stage.setAspectRatio(StageAspectRatio.PORTRAIT);

stage.setOrientation(StageOrientation.DEFAULT);

The ONLY solution so far is to go fullscreen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2013 Oct 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ben Danis wrote:

Here's how i got mine working

in the appDescriptor fullscreen is true

<false/>

in my constructor, and everytime i close the cameraUI, i call stage.displayState = StageDisplayState.FULL_SCREEN. And in my project settings (where I link the

Yep this seems to be working great for me as well. Just gotta make sure to handle the CANCEL events as well as SELECTED/COMPLETE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 29, 2013 Oct 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But how do you fix the status bar to display correctly as the original poster asked? My app is not running in full screen, and I want the status bar to appear like it did in iOS 6. In iOS 7, it's overlaying the stage instead of the stage boundary beginning after the status bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2013 Oct 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just add padding to the action bar at the top to push it down

s|ActionBar

{

paddingTop:45;

}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Except this problem happens ONLY on iOS 7. To do what you are suggesting, we need logic to ensure the device is iOS 7, which is possible but Adobe consistently recommends we do not do anything that is device specific. Instead of temporary workarounds, we need a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The adoption rate of iOS7 is somewhere around 98%, and all new devices come with iOS7 preinstalled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@isaac.sunkes That is not an appropriate answer and that '98%' is just unreal. Many users don't have enough memory space to be able to upgrade the iOS7. Anyways legacy should be supported when possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capabilities.os returns the device type and iOS version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what if we actually have to support legacy devices? It is the beside the fact anyway. This is a serious bug that Adobe needs to fix. It's been reported for over a month now and no progress whatsoever. Workarounds, which this most definitely is, is not a fix to a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines