• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Instagram ANE?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2013 Feb 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any ANEs out there that deal with Instagram? I've been searching but can't seem to find one.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2013 May 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also looking for a native extension that will open an image created in my app in instagram.  There's a code snipit on the instagram site:

http://instagram.com/developer/iphone-hooks/

that makes is seem like doing it natively isn't that hard but i have no idea how to create ane's.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2014 Jan 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.  I got side tracked on this project but am back at it and am wondering if anyone out there knows if there is now an ane that will open up image data in instagram?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2014 Jan 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also looking for an ANE for Instagram that would use the above mentioned code...

Anyone in ANE business...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that link you are provide http://instagram.com/developer/iphone-hooks/ simply open instagramm app if it installed.

I dont have instagram but this

NSURL *instagramURL = [NSURL URLWithString:@"instagram://location?id=1"];if ([[UIApplication sharedApplication] canOpenURL:instagramURL]) {    [[UIApplication sharedApplication] openURL:instagramURL];}

this is simplest URI accessing to installed app and this can be done without any ANEs directcly from as3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would doing that line of AS3 also manage to get an image from your AIR app to your Instagram account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, it will not send any data to instagram. Code above just calling instagram and I telling that is can be done using as3.

but transfering imagedata to instagramm defenitely must use ane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you make this call from as3? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 05, 2015 Jan 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me and my partner just built this ANE, it works both on android and iOS, the way it works, it sends the bitmap to the Instagram application, although on iOS it opens the "share screen" where you only see instagram as an option, after you click that, it opens the image on instagram. We are considering selling this ANE for about $30-$40 if we see enough interest, so please feel free to contact me if you are interested in this ANE, my email djnr (at) djnr (dot) net

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 06, 2015 Nov 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

djnr,  are you still selling your ANE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using this one in the past few months and it works perfectly on both iOS and Android:

DaVikingCode/Instagram-ANE · GitHub

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you rbalieiro 🙂

I'll try it.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2015 Nov 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This a more general ANE-Share from distriqt, which I'm using in my apps, but it doesn't yet support Instagram.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried DaVikingCode/Instagram-ANE · GitHub

It works but with few weakness in the user flow.

I have to say that I have only tested it on IOS.

First, there is a screen that let you choose between different possibilities including instagram. In my case I had also messenger as an option but it didn't work.

So if I choose Instagram it opens Instagram and let me post the image with all the Instagram filters.

When the post is done, I don't receive the InstagramEvent.OK as expected and the user doesn't go back to the app.

So the user has to switch back manually to the app (with the risk that the user stays in Insragram)

So it works but the user flow is not great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't like how it's handled on iOS either, but I think there's no workaround. Instagram doesn't have a public API for posting photos (it lets you access their data but not write your own), so you have to use the iOS sharing menu in order to redirect the request to their app to handle it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@rbalieiro

How is it working on Android?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 12, 2015 Nov 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case you are interested, the distriqt ANE has been updated to include Instagram support:

Sharing to Instagram using the Share ANE · GitHub

Available here:

http://airnativeextensions.com/extension/com.distriqt.Share

air native extensions // https://airnativeextensions.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2015 Nov 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Recently, Adobe has launched DataShare native extension to share data through installed applications on Android and iOS mobile device. For Android, it supports the Instagram sharing too.

Here is the Download link: Datashare Native Extension | Adobe Developer Connection

Thanks,

Adobe AIR Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 19, 2015 Nov 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great work, Adobe

Just wondering, it says required Adobe products is Flash Builder - would this also be possible with Flash CC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely, it also works with Flash CC.

Thanks,

Adobe AIR Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines