• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Invalid input with no error. How to view logs for AIR for iOS publishing?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I publish from AIR for iOS, I get an error dialog that says:

Invalid input.

That is all.

A) Super helpful. Thanks.

B) Are there any logs I can view to get more info?

I am getting this on a project that was once complete and working several years ago. I have inherited the project with no way to contact the original developers.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen that before, but not for a while. It would be worth downloading and adding the latest SDK, and hopefully things will be ok then. It wouldn't matter if it's the latest release version, or the latest from labs. I would use the labs one. You can get that here:

Download Adobe AIR 27 Beta - Adobe Labs

What tool are you using to develop the app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe Animate 2017.1.

Also I am already using AIR SDK 27.0.0.128.

The error occurs when I try to publish for iOS. It makes it through the compile step, and brings up the dialog with the longer progress bar and the countdown timer. After several seconds on that dialog, it fails and shows the Invalid Input error with no extra input.

I looked at the mm.cfg info you linked to, but I don't see in there how I can access a log of the publishing process, instead of runtime logging.

I have begun to narrow it down to have something to do with one of several ANE's involved but it would really help if there was some sort of log. This must exist somewhere. Isn't it just running Xcode command line stuff in the background?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I understand, Animate is running ADT when you ask it to Publish to iOS, correct?

Is there a way to view any logs generated by ADT?

The only info I could find on this error is this:

Invalid input

Verify file paths and other arguments passed to ADT on the command line.

Adobe AIR * ADT error messages

Well, how am I supposed to verify these things when Animate is controlling them, and I can't view a log file???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried opening Xcode > Devices & Simulators > Console

This may give more info about what is happening on the device (debug info)

The app may have worked several years ago (long time in app dev and iOS world) and if there are ANEs involved you may have to start removing things to figure out what is causing the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check to see if you're using any non-roman characters in any of your filenames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can add a mm.cfg at the root of your AIR app
see Debug · as3lang/ActionScript3 Wiki · GitHub

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever find an answer to this. I am getting the same error with Animate CC 2018 and AIR 32. I use one ANE but I removed it and still get the same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried AIR 32 and quickly got Invalid Input. I updated a bunch of ANEs, and no longer got the invalid input, but had a long list of other errors. I've tried to get Adobe to look at that, and the ANE makers (at least Distriqt) are checking into what they can do.

For now I'm staying with AIR 31.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm seeing the same issue with AIR 32.  No issue with AIR 31

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines