Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Invalid value in supportedLanguages

Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2013 Jun 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I've tryed to build iOS app with such tag: <supportedLanguages>en ru uk</supportedLanguages>, and got an error 105: "application.supportedLanguages contains an invalid value". The problem is in "uk" tag, which is representing ISO 639-1 code for Ukrainian language. In the official documentation I've founded this text: "Valid language values are ISO 639‑1 values for the languages supported by the AIR runtime: en, de, es, fr, it, ja, ko, pt, ru, cs, nl, pl, sv, tr, zh.". Is there any way to add unsupported localization tag into my build?

P.S. Sorry for my English.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 25, 2013 Jun 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the purpose of only listing these locales is that this directly coorelates to the 15 locales that the AIR captive runtime has localized internally (see an AIR SDK and browse to the AIR framework resources folders)

Whether the XML Schema is the validator for the allowed supported locales is also something you could test.

Look at the AIR SDK, and the templates/air/Descriptor-3.8.xsd etc...

Even if you did manually modify this .xsd to add other AIR non-localized locales so some validation would pass, you would have to test

1) whether it would work

2) whether the AIR runtime would try to look for this localized resource files for 'uk' and cause a failure at runtime (or maybe silently fail and fallback to 'en') internally.

It is also possible there is some other internal place where valid locales are checked, and just changing the included templates/air/Descriptor.3.8.xsd isn't enough

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2013 Jun 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your advice. I tried this hack, but I am still getting an error, so I can assume that there aren't any ways to add support of my own localization(excluding modification of ipa-file).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines