Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iOS 8 beta - AIR apps requesting Notifications privileges

Jun 10, 2014 Jun 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When launching an app for the first time in iOS 8 beta, there is a warning to the user that "<app name> Would Like To Send You Notifications." These apps do not implement any notification functionality that I'm aware of. Is anyone else seeing this? This seems very familiar to the Microphone privileges bug when iOS 7 was released (Re: iOS 7 Issue).

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 19, 2014 Sep 19, 2014

Hi,

Are you using AIR SDK 15? The issue related to showing notifications on iOS 8 was fixed in AIR 15. Please see release notes @ Release Notes | Flash Player® 15 AIR® 15

Thanks

-Pahup

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have reported that on the Flash prerelease. No news from Adobe about whether they are going to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are aware of this problem and investigating on it.

Thanks for reporting,

Nimit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2014 Jun 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any word on an ETA for when this is likely to be fixed? I need to submit an updated binary this week and this bug is a show-stopper as far as the client is concerned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iOS 8 is only at beta 2, and won't be released for three months. That's plenty of time for Apple or Adobe to fix the problem. Any of your users who are on iOS 8 before then will only have to choose once whether to accept notificatons or not.

So you know, there are bigger issues with AIR and iOS 8! But it seems unesonable to suggest not submitting an app based on issues with a beta 2 of a future version of the OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're completely right, under normal circumstances! This is a slightly complicated issue though, in that it requires an enterprise roll out that needs to be hitch-free on iOS 8 (yes, I know!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and as a matter of curiosity - what are the main issues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The main one I'm having to ignore right now is that SyageWebView of HTML or straight to an MP4, is not loading. I see a play button and a Loading word, but that's how it stays. The same code works fine on iOS 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 18, 2014 Sep 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guess what? iOS 8 just released and the issue is still there.

Great job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2014 Sep 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree with gmcgee77, "...won't be released for three months. That's plenty of time for Apple or Adobe to fix the problem." Not for Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was reported elsewhere that the problem was fixed in an AIR 15 build. Not sure how long ago that fix was.

But, you're right in another case, where it did take Adobe until last night to fix another iOS 8 issue. Try the 15.0.0.274 build and see if the notifications or other iOS 8 issues are still there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are you using AIR SDK 15? The issue related to showing notifications on iOS 8 was fixed in AIR 15. Please see release notes @ Release Notes | Flash Player® 15 AIR® 15

Thanks

-Pahup

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After much google searching I did see that Adobe says they fixed it. I feel like a heel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're correct- the issue is resolved when publishing using the latest AIR SDK.

It would have also been nice if I had seen anywhere that iOS 8 doesn't support AIR 3.4. I had to republish a bunch of apps because of that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's interesting. What problems are there in AIR 3.4 apps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A bunch of apps I published using AIR 3.4 wouldn't run in iOS 8. They just hang at the launch screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My older AIR apps seem to be ok, but an AIR 4.0 app is crashing on launch. Trying that one with today's build.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines