• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IOS7 shows an alert window saying my app "wants to access the microphone" when playing a video

Engaged ,
Sep 18, 2013 Sep 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the title says, now I get a prompt in IOS 7 when playing a video in the iPad. Why is AIR asking for microphone access? How can I prevent it? I'm not actually using the microphone at all in my app.

Thank you!

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which AIR SDK version you are using? Could you please give a try with latest AIR SDK version available at http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/air.html if not using already.

Regards,

Nimit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the latest beta (AIR 3.9.0.880). Unfortunately I can't reproduce this again because after selecting anything in that alert box (allow or not allow the microphone), iOS saves the setting and the alert box doesn't appear anymore, even after uninstalling and installing my app again!

I've tried going to Settings / Privacy / Microphone and I can see my app listed, but I can only set microphone access on or off, but not remove the entry completely, so I get asked again.

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to change the id in the application.xml for this.

Regards,

Nimit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2013 Sep 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

General > Reset > Reset Location & Privacy.

After all privacy settings are reset, the alert box will appear again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The previous AIR build fixed the microphone issue, and the current build should still have that fixed:

http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/air.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the tip, @hdoidoi! I've reset the privacy settings and then run again my app compiled with AIR 3.9.0.880 and the microphone prompt doesn't appear. So it seems the first time I tested I was still using AIR 3.8, sorry for the confusion.

So this has been fixed in the 3.9 release. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines