• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iphone scaling app with fullscreen not checked. help!

Explorer ,
May 17, 2011 May 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When publishing an app for ios in Flash 5.5 so that the status bar is visible on the iphone, the app is getting scaled down to fit the leftover size of the screen instead of the status bar going over the app.

I want to use the translucent black status bar but can't seem to figure this out. Any help?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, love the mortal kombat reference.

That being said:

What i have found, and I am not 100% sure this the best possible way to this this, is that you have to cut off 20px from the height of the stage to accomdate the room needed for the status bar.  I am currently creating an IOS app that had the same problem.

When you select full screen, using the default template stage size of 320x480 works because that is the full size of the screen.  If you do not use full screen, your stage is really only 460px tall since the status bar is actually on the screen.

You can also set the stage scalemode to false but you will still lose 20px of your stage then.  Imo, your best bet is to create the app as 320x460 if you want a status bar.

In regards to the black see through status bar... i don't current know how to do that but will get back to you if i figure it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I've thought of that solution though its not ideal if you want to use the translucent black style status bar.

Apparently you can set the status bar type in the .xml file (though I've had no luck getting to change from the default grey one). Still looking for a solution to this, I'm shocked its not already a topic of conversation around here. Is everyone just making full screen only apps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can add this to yhe InfoAdditinos in the descriptor file:

<key>UIStatusBarStyle</key><string>UIStatusBarStyleBlackTranslucent </string>

I haven't tested it, but it should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried that and it still displayed the default grey status bar. Not sure if I put it in the right place or not (I'm mostly sure I did though, found how to do that in a tutorial book for deving iOS apps in flash I picked up yesterday.)

Still no love

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show your complete infoadditions text?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<InfoAdditions>

<![CDATA[
      <key>UIStatusBarStyle</key>
      <string>UIStatusBarStyleTranslucent</string>

<key>UIDeviceFamily</key>
      <array><string>1</string></array>
      ]]>
    </InfoAdditions>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

UIStatusBarStyleBlackTranslucent

instead of this:

UIStatusBarStyleTranslucent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah crap yeah I left out black. The real problem is the app scaling though, why is the status bar not going over top of the app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try adding this code to your main class:

scaleMode = StageScaleMode.NO_SCALE;

stage.align = StageAlign

no gurantee it will work with the black status bar, but worth a shot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Main class? Sorry I'm a total noob at this (hence the screen name). Where would I put this code exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, where is any of your coding?  Did you do timeline coding, external classes coding?  Is it just animations with no coding?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the actionscript I'm using is on the time line. I'm not really a developer, I'm a graphics guy but I'm just trying to help our developer out by solving some of these nit picky issues while he tackles the harder stuff.

So if I stick that code on the timeline it should be good to go?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea put it on your first frame and give it a shot.  Might have to do an import statement, can't remember though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those two lines can go into the first frame's timeline.

I'm doubtful of it working though, I suspect that Flash will push the whole stage down to below the status bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its giving errors when trying to publish using

scaleMode = StageScaleMode.NO_SCALE;

stage.align = StageAlign

I added stage. to the first line and that made it a little happier. It still has issue with the second line. I assume we need to define where it should be Aligned.. what is the syntax there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stageAlign.LEFT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Publishing now. When the app loads the Default.png file loads under the status bar but once past that its same as usual with the app getting pushed and scaled down. Will see if this does the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha no dice. (I'm on an iPhone 4) so setting it to no scale actually reduces the entire size of the app to 1/4 its normal size and on top of that LEFT only pushes it to the left side of the screen, not the top left.

Frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EXACT_FIT; at least pushed the app back to the edges of the screen. However this means hte whole thing has been squished vertically to compensate for the 20 pixels of the status bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So its not showing up underneath the status bar?  Everything is below it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct still can't get it under the status bar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have changed my descriptor file to have translucent black underneath as well and the content is not underneath it.  I do however size my stage to 460 so there is no distortion.  I am not sure if we are going to be able to get our content underneat it..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah unless someone knows something different looks like we'll just have to shave 20 pixels off the stage height and use the standard or black status bar. Sucks though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 19, 2012 Mar 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone have a solution to this ?  I'm seeing this problem now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines