• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to get Animate CC to use the Actionscript Compiler 2.0?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to get Animate CC to use the Actionscript Compiler 2.0 for publishing AIR mobile projects? From what I understand it still uses an old internal compiler.

from the AIR Beta download page:

The Actionscript Compiler 2.0 has been incorporated into the AIR SDK 4.0 (named “AIR SDK 4.0 & Compiler”) and retired as a separate download from Adobe Labs on March 14, 2013. Users may download AIR SDK & Compiler for AIR 3.4 to 3.9 from the archive page.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not that I am aware of. This was a big request about 4 years ago but I haven't heard anyone mention it again until now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I guess it's time to try IntelliJ IDEA.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really? I just assumed if you use a modern AIR sdk it automatically uses ASC2.0. no?

Does anyone know how to check it? I use flashdevelop, now i wonder what compiler i use too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know that you can use Actionscript Compiler 2.0 in FDT and IntelliJ IDEA. I always hoped that it would make it to Animate, but so far it has not. I think that it is a java jar or something similar. Maybe somebody can make an extension for Animate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines