• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Landscape rotation on iOS 10.1

Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since my bug submission fails all the time (good way to limit the backlog, guys, really...)

Problem Description:

When running an AIR app in landscape only mode, with autoOrients sets to true, on an iPhone, the launchimage will be oriented portrait mode - which is normal - then the app will rotate and the stage won't be able to detect touch inputs on the right part of the screen (nothing after the portrait width)

If you reorient the device, the touch inputs will work again. But if you dare to scroll down the Control Center or the Notification Center, the whole stage will be displaced until you reorient the device again...

Steps to Reproduce:

Create a simple project with AIR 24 beta, and iOS SDK 10.1, set the app.xml to landscape mode, autorients true and fullscreen.

Any Workarounds:

Set the orientation to "any", autoOrients to false, set orientation to landscape at runtime, wait for the stage to be sized correctly (width > height) and then use the accelerometer to reorient the stage when needed.

Of course, this is very annoying. I'm not even sure Apple won't reject the app because the NC and CC are showing left and right instead of up and down. But at least, the app is working as expected with the workaround.

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could make a build using one of our old distribution provision profiles and private message you the ipa so you can try it on your device?

Which version of Xcode are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Adobe,

We have the same problem when using AIR 25 and 26 with the latest iOS SDK on all apple mobile devices. We are running in landscape mode with the following settings:

<renderMode>gpu</renderMode>

<aspectRatio>landscape</aspectRatio>

<autoOrients>true</autoOrients>

<fullScreen>true</fullScreen>

<visible>true</visible>

The screen renders properly (but flickers for a frame in the wrong orientation at startup), but touch does not work on part of the screen until a reoriantation is triggered.

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you share your sample code with us as we are not able to reproduce this issue.

Thanks,

Adobe AIR Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've put together a simple reproduction:

Dropbox - AdobeReproduceLandscape.zip

Note that we are using InteliiJ, the latest iphone.sdk, and AIR 26 (pure). The bug will be present in the ios simulator and on updated ios devices. You can simply click around and see where you get a trace from a touch (and where you do not). Let us know if you need futher assistance reproducing this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have packaged an ipa using your swf, and app-xml file present in src folder.

I am getting traces on every touch. I am using iOS 10.3.3 device iphone 7+.

Can you also try to package your ipa by using below commands in command prompt and let me know the behavior.

cmd to package: adt -package -target ipa-debug -connect -keystore <Certificate.p12> -provisioning-profile <provisioning> -storetype pkcs12 -storepass <password> AdobeReproduceLandscape.ipa AdobeReproduce-app.xml AdobeReproduceLandscape.swf

cmd to install : adt.bat -installApp -platform ios -package AdobeReproduceLandscape.ipa

then debug it using fdb.

Let me know the behavior.

Thanks

Adobe AIR Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

We've update the test project: Dropbox - AdobeReproduceLandscape_2.zip

Interestingly, by packaging and installing with ADT we are not seeing this problem, but using Inteliij or other enviroment it shows up. Recommend you try packaging in enviroment to reproduce.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Except IntelliJ, on what other environment you are facing this issue.

Could you please share any Animate CC or Flash Builder project. It will help us in reproducing this issue on our end.

Thanks

(Aakriti) Adobe AIR Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2017 Jul 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have using AIR SDK 26.0.0.112 and the problem persists.

Does this problem have anything to do with the Launch Images required to package for iOS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Have you tried packaging and installing your ipa using command prompt.

Does the problem still persists.

Could you please share you sample project and other details like how your are packaging and installing your app on iOS device.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've been experiencing similar weirdness with an AIR app published with all AIR SDKs from 23 to 26 Beta, when run on iOS10 (and purportedly iOS11 Beta). Landscape only orientation, autoOrients = true.

* When launching the app, there's an odd flash of the splash screen (but distorted) for a frame.

* When rotating the app, the splash screen appears oddly 'masked' and stationary behind the rotating app. After a rotation, this stops happening, until you minimise the app and return to it...

* When resuming the app from minimised, the cached image presented during 'swap in' is a broken combination of portrait and landscape splash images overlaid.

* When 'resizing' the app with a resumption or pulling up (or down) the iOS utility trays, the stage becomes displaced (the degree seems related to the rotatedLeft or rotatedRight stat of the app at time of resizing).

Here's a test case (our pipeline uses ant/mxmlc/adt): http://clients.pluginmedia.net/temp/AIRios10issue.zip

You need to replace the following...

build-defaults.properties (point at the AIR SDK and flash libs locations)

certificates/ (add your cert and provisioning profile)

package.sh - replace the strings YOUR_CERT, YOUR_PASSWORD, YOUR_PROVISIONING_PROFILE. Check also the path pointing to the iOS SDK.

to build run $: ant ipa-build-debug

Attached is an image of the weirdly masked splash screen during rotation.IMG_0031.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should add that we're working around this issue at the moment by rolling back to AIR22 SDK in combination with XCode 7 (iOS9.3 SDK).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for reporting the issue. We are investigating on it.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe this might explain the issue?

rdar://31725316: Mobile - 'resize' Event Now Firing Prior to Page Layout

I know this is related to Safari but it shows that the resize event is broken on iOS 10.3.1 so it might be a track for adobe team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This issue has been fixed with latest beta release (AIR 27.0.0.116). Please download the beta from Download Adobe AIR 27 Beta - Adobe Labs  .

Regards

Aakriti | Adobe Air Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hello

I have this problem when I run IPA in MY iPhone and My iPad too

444.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines