• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac OS X 10.13 (High Sierra) supported yet?

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The current version of the runtime (27.0.0.128) won't install on my OS X 10.13 laptop. Is this a known limitation?

Apparently I'm the only person still running the Pandora desktop client (which runs on AIR) on OS X.

Thanks!

Jim

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Do you see any error during installation or are you unable to download AIR installer? If you cannot download the same, you can get the latest version from Find and download archived versions of Adobe AIR SDK page. If you see any error during installation, please post a screenshot of the same.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed the download web page implies the OS is not supported, but I had the dmg by downloading from a different computer. After mounting the dmg and running the installer app, the app would run, I'd click the 'accept' button. get prompted for and enter my user account password, and then the installer would just sit there forever with no progress (I left it running for hours). I then force-quit the installer and restarted the OS (which would hang during that shutdown, requiring a power-cycle).

This morning I viewed the Troubleshoot Adobe AIR installation for Mac OS and then deleted the /Library/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework directory prior to trying again, and this time the installation worked. Apologies for not doing my homework and reading that article first. I was trying deleting traces of AIR under my user directory prior to trying to install, but wasn't aware of the directory above (doh!). I should have tried a recursive find from the terminal, or just read your troubleshooting document.

FWIW I had the previous version of AIR (26) installed prior to the OS upgrade, and tried to install 27 after the upgrade, and then hit upon this problem. Perhaps it was just a fluke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the issue across 3 macs, cannot get Adobe Air working. All are on High Sierra OS 10.13.1.

I have removed the Air Framework and attempted to reinstall, still not working.

Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines