• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multidex Enabling With 54k Method References?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm attempting to reduce my application back down to a single dex file after struggling with API <= 19 launch times. I currently am ending up with 3 dex files but have a total of only 54k method references. What's going on? I am a whole 10k under the limit, am I missing something here? I've removed the 'android:name="android.support.multidex.MultiDexApplication"' line and have even tried setting that to the default Application reference as well. No change.

Screen Shot 2018-09-20 at 8.39.04 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-20 at 8.39.12 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-20 at 8.39.20 AM.png

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got it down to around 49k referenced methods and I'm still ending up with 3 dex files...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This continues to be a large issue. ATM AIR is splitting into two dex files as soon as I pass around 20k references. That's under 1/3 of the references I should be able to clearly fit into one dex! This is completely needlessly destroying the launch times on Android devices <= API 19 which represents %20+ of my user base. Either I drop support for these users or I pull out all Android specific features from my app? There has to be something that can be done here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines