Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Namespace problem while updating a desktop app

Engaged ,
Mar 05, 2013 Mar 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've searched on a lot of forums but didn't find anything accurate on my problem.

I have an old AIR 2.0 desktop app that updated itself.

I want to update it to the last 3.4 framework. So I followed instructions for the intermediate application to update (between 2.0 and 2.5).

I manage to update from 2.0 to a Air 2.5 intermediate application, while still having the 2.0 namespace in the app descriptor file.

But it is impossible for me to update this 2.5 application (with 2.0 namespace) to a 2.5 namespace !!

Here si my update descriptor file :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<update xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/air/framework/update/description/2.5">

<versionNumber>0.3.2</versionNumber>

<versionLabel>Version for 0.3.2</versionLabel>

<url>http://www.mywebsite/app.air</url>

<description><![CDATA[

Final test

]]></description>

</update>

But I'm having the error 16831 : "Application namespace and update.xml namespace are not compatible".

It seems that my application only wants to update to another one with the exact same namespace.

How this can be ?

Thanks !

I must say that I publish to AIR 2.5 with Flash CS5 and flashpro extension for air (in beta version) as Flash CS6 always overwrite the app descriptor while publishing (so it is impossible to change the namespace to 2.0 for example)

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, after having searched a lot, I managed to understand what was going on....

To those interested, the update descriptor must stay in a 1.0 namespace until the end of the process.

When all is updated (app namespace to 2.5), you can use the 2.5 update descriptor namespace....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting back with your solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 06, 2013 Mar 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome !

I forgot to mention an important thing : use the very last version of applicationupdater_ui and applicationupdater.

I think this is what really saved my life.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines