• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New iOS 7 indicators overlap Flex View.ActionBar

Explorer ,
Oct 10, 2013 Oct 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using AIR 3.9 SDK, Flex 4.10 SDK, FlashPlayer 11.9, compiler targeting SWF v22, and deploying to iPhone 4S running iOS v7 and the phone indicators bleed through the action bar in all Views in a ViewNavigatorApplication for mobile:

IMG_0181[1].PNG

This only started happening when I upgraded to iOS 7 on my phone so it's definitely a bug in either AIR or Flex that is specific to the upgrade. By the way, the iOS 7 upgrade totally broke all orientation in my app on the Apple Store. That app was released on AIR 3.4 and Flex 4.6 SDKs, and customers upgrading to iOS7 could no longer use the app because of failure to orient to landscape for a particularly wide view. I fixed that issue with the upgrade to AIR 3.9 and Flex 4.10, but now this other problem showed up.

I've tried using CSS to fix this, but can't add space above the Action Bar for the indicators to show correctly.

Probably a bug for Flex 4.10 SDK but might be an AIR 3.9 SDK bug, but has anyone else run into this?

The workaround with a custom Skin for the ActionBar that adds space above when running only in iOS 7 is going to be a pain to maintain. Searching the web I have found nothing about this issue yet.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2013 Oct 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just add padding to the action bar at the top to push it down

s|ActionBar

{

paddingTop:45;

}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't work. If you read my post, I said:

>> "I've tried using CSS to fix this, but can't add space above the Action Bar for the indicators to show correctly."

The CSS was exactly what you suggested. Doesn't work because padding just adds space to the INSIDE of the action bar and pushes down the content (text), but the indicators still show through.

No, been there done that.

But I'm using INTERACTIVE_FULL_SCREEN now and it gets rid of the indicators in my app, so problem solved for now.

I think the Flex SDK needs to consider this issue as a bug since out-of-box "Hello World" apps all have this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you look at other iOS7 designed apps (facebook, instagram, etc) pushing down (or adding padding at the top) the "header bar" is exactly what they do. The iOS 7 guidelines have the indicator bar transparent and showing through.

You can change the text color of the indicator to fit your app in your application.xml

UIStatusBarStyleLightContent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, you've convinced me this is NOT an AIR issue.

But it's still a Flex issue since ActionBar is a child component of View classes and it doesn't do the right thing on iOS7 without applying these manual workarounds, and even if you do these workarounds, it still looks bad because you're just stretching the action bar and placing content below where the indicators show through. Yuk!

I'll go take this to the Apache Flex site. We can end this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2013 Nov 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines