• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

osx ane x86_64 fails with error #3500: The extension context does not have a method for name

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2016 Mar 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm developing my ANE for osx, tried sdk 19r (i386), 20r and 21r, you know they only support x86_64. No results as expected:

- myAneExt.framework is built with success in El Capitan / xcode 7.3.
- it's actually a POC to test a single method, quite sureI'm ok with my code (both c/c++ or actionscript)
- Max number version in extensiondescriptor name is 20, weird that 21 return an error (invalid namespace), so I have to build .ANE against 19/20

- Tried with no luck the workaround as suggested here: http://blogs.adobe.com/flashplayer/2015/12/air-64-bit-on-mac-osx.html

Of course, i'll continue to check it's my issue, but I'm quite sure is not, afaik not much devs are actually applying to osx ane, but they deserve things works.

Please, don't let this post without relevant answer.

thanx in advance

Marco Fusetti aka Jaco

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2016 May 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems very unlikely they'd work with older versions of Flash - any new ANE is 64-bit only, while the older Flash requires 32-bit ANEs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2016 May 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think old versions of Flash work with 32-bit ANE's any more.

I've tried building a 32bit ANE, and Flash will not load it.  I suspect this is because when publishing for AIR, Flash is using the AIR SDK including its compiler.(This seems to have been the case for ages)

BTW. There are other issues with using recent AIR SDK's with old versions of Flash, as iOS will not publish on AIR 20 or newer, as there is a compiler arguments error. I suspect that the AIR iOS compiler / publish system was changed so that the command line that old versions of Flash use, are not compatible with newer AIR SDKs 😞  However I've not had time to figure out precisely what the difference is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2016 Jul 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was having this error with stable release SDK 22.0. Following solution fixed my error:

I fixed the problem by removing Adobe AIR.framework from Build Phases > Link Binary With Libraries section in XCode. You only need to include Adobe AIR_64

Thanks FlashJoe​.FlashJoe

My XCode architecture is Universal (32/64-bit intel).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines