• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Packaging AIR App for Android

Engaged ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Flash Builder 4.7 to package my first app for the Google Play store.  I export my release build, choose to package with a captive runtime, but my concern is with the certificate.  I choose to create one within Flash Builder, so it essentially a self-signed certificate.  Is this how most people do it, is this an acceptable or standard solution, or is there a more professional way that looks more legitimate to a final user that most of you use?

Thanks for any insight.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can use a self signed certificate for exporting the apk.

Thanks!

Pravishti | Adobe AIR Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Pravishti!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couple of other things, in case you see an option for these, you need to use 2048 bit not 1024, and you need to make the certificate last at least 25 years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info Colin.  I don't know if self-signing using Flash Builder gives you the opportunity to make it last for 25 years, but I will look into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I followed the steps in this Adobe doc, above halfway down the page is a "Signing apps for Android" section that explains the requirements and shows how to generate a certificate on the command line using adt:

Signing Adobe AIR applications | Adobe Developer Connection

Looks like it also has Flash Builder instructions if you don't want to use the command line.  I used the adt method myself and have been using that same self-signed cert for years with no problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines