• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Packaging error: Could not generate timestamp

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2016 Oct 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting an error while trying to build an AIR for desktop app. The build worked fine on Tuesday, but trying to build again on Wednesday without any project changes gives me the following error:

Packaging failed!

Packaging error:

Could not generate timestamp: Remote host closed connection during handshake

I have verified that the project certificate has not expired. I've tried this via both a wired and wifi connection to our office network, and then over a different network altogether to no avail. Is there an issue with the timestamp server?

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 06, 2016 Oct 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue.We investigated and found that timestamp.geotrust.com has recently disabled TLS 1.0 (see comments on http://downornotworking.com/timestamp.geotrust.com/), and hence please try upgrading to Java 1.8 on your machine where ADT (a component in AIR SDK which is based on Java) packaging takes place. Java 1.8 uses TLS 1.2 by default (JDK 8 will use TLS 1.2 as default (Java Platform Group, Product Management blog) ). ADT uses this domain for signing related workflows during packaging an app.

Let us know if you still see the issue.

Thanks

-Pahup

Adobe AIR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2016 Oct 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have installed Java 1.8

$ java -version

java version "1.8.0_60"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_60-b27)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 25.60-b23, mixed mode, sharing)

but I still cant export my AIR application due to this timestamp issue...

Can we use another timestamp service and how ??

(PS: I'm using Flash Builder, not the adt command line)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked for us: build an unsigned AIRI and sign this afterwards with

adt.bat -sign -storetype YOUR_CERTIFICATE -tsa "http://sha256timestamp.ws.symantec.com/sha256/timestamp" "YOUR_PROJECT.airi" "YOUR_PROJECT.air"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Flasher79,

thanks for your AIRI suggestion,

I ended up using it and it's working, but I think it would be great if we could sign our application directly in Flash Builder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have managed to build a Native Installer which works, using

adt -package -storetype pkcs12 -keystore CERTIFICATE.p12 -tsa "http://sha256timestamp.ws.symantec.com/sha256/timestamp" -target native -storetype pkcs12 -keystore CERTIFICATE.p12 YOUR_APP.exe YOUR_APP.airi

Whether it is timestamped correctly I don't know, had to guess at the above, never used ADT before

Really would like to fix it in Flash Builder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2017 Jul 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Paul Coates. This worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So I see a lot of this is for Flash Builder and not Animate.

Anyone get this to work for Animate (Mac)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2016 Oct 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated the local version of the jre folder to 1.8 and the air packaging works successfully now. However; I am now receiving errors when trying to embed .otf fonts in the air file via a .css file. This has been working and nothing about it has changed. The only thing about the entire project that changed was the jre folder that I updated.

Is anyone else having this issue? Is there a way I can get it to build and embed the font files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 13, 2016 Oct 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution doesn't work on OSx. I am already on Java 1.8 and getting this issue. It is a serious issue, Adobe can we have a solid fix please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 13, 2016 Oct 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ankur,

Have you followed all the steps mentioned here Running Adobe Flash Builder on Mac with Java 7/8  ? If yes, please mention all the errors that you are facing.

-Vivek

Adobe AIR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 16, 2016 Oct 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vivek,

Yes, I have gone through the steps in above link. I am getting the same error as before. On top I have to delete p2 folder every time I restart Flash Builder. Is this normal?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also installed Java 1.8 Update 101

And still cant build Native Installer for the application with Flash Builder 4.6. Win7 Pro 64

Everything worked yesterday but not today, tried from 2 different office locations and get the same issue:

"Error creating native installer file: could not generate timestamp: Remote host closed connection during handshake"

Help please, customers awaiting updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay guys I think I have found a solution to make it work in Flash Builder

After installing Java 1.8,

Go to "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.7 (64 Bit)" (or your Flash Builder installation directory) and rename the folder "jre" to something else (like "_jre"),

Then go to your Java 1.8 installation directory (for me it's "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_101"),

And copy the "jre" folder from your Java 1.8 directory to your Flash Builder directory

it worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. This works for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant

Done the Flash Builder 4.6 using the 32 bit version of the jre, worked fine.

Will do Flash Builder 4.7 tomorrow (assume it will need the 64 bit version of the jre)

Anyway thanks, Adobe should have been able to pre-warn and give a solutiion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can verify that replacing the 'jre' folder with Java version 1.8 jre works for me as well in FB 4.6.

EDIT:  But now cannot package mobile apps -- as the packager complains that jre curent version in the registry is 1.8 but it requires 1.7.

So I am forced to rollback to JRE 1.7 and use the ADT command line using  the symantec timestamp server for AIR packaging. sigh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2016 Oct 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hehe, that´s indeed the best solution! Thanks!

@Adobe: Such an issue is a worst-case-scenario for a production process and shouldn´t happen... 😕 Why don´t you let customers set their own timestamp-provider in FB to avoid such troubles?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I have tested it and works on Windows.

What about the Flash Builder for MAC? I have installed JDK 1.8 but Flash Builder also needs Apple Java 1.6 Legacy to work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely, what about Mac?  There are no jre folders there that I can see to replace.

Need to know ASAP as I cannot update my apps for users until this is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2016 Oct 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think your best way, as Flasher79 said, is to export your app to an unsigned AIRI and then use adt to sign it afterwards

to AIR file :

adt -package -storetype pkcs12 -keystore CERTIFICATE.p12 -target air YOUR_APP.air YOUR_APP.airi

to native application (Exe / Dmg) :

adt -package -storetype pkcs12 -keystore CERTIFICATE.p12 -target bundle YOUR_APP YOUR_APP.airi

if you have updated your java installation to 1.8, adt will use 1.8 (at least on Windows, not tested on Mac), so you don't need to use another timestamp service

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was what worked for me on Mac. I still have the old JRE so I just added the -tsa flag to choose a different time server.

./adt -package -storetype pkcs12 -keystore CERTIFICATE.p12 -tsa "http://sha256timestamp.ws.symantec.com/sha256/timestamp" -target air YOUR_APP.air YOUR_APP.airi

Worked like a champ. Sad we even have to go through this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dougdrury  wrote

This was what worked for me on Mac. I still have the old JRE so I just added the -tsa flag to choose a different time server.

./adt -package -storetype pkcs12 -keystore CERTIFICATE.p12 -tsa "http://sha256timestamp.ws.symantec.com/sha256/timestamp" -target air YOUR_APP.air YOUR_APP.airi

Worked like a champ. Sad we even have to go through this.

Thanks for this, allowed us to once again build. Upgraded JRE and JDK, but still couldn't build. We're on windows 7, building w/ ANT.

Adding the -tsa value saved the day.

And agreed. It's sad to see the neglected state of AIR these days

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 11, 2016 Oct 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

For Mac please follow the steps mentioned in the blog Running Adobe Flash Builder on Mac with Java 7/8

Thanks,

Krati

Adobe AIR Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2016 Oct 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, how can i fix it on Flash Professional CS5? I don't have Java installed on my PC.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines