• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

posting an update to an app made with pfi going to air 2.6

Contributor ,
May 13, 2011 May 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made an app a while ago that is in the apple store that was compiled with pfi. Now the pfi works on older devices (as far back as the iphone version 1) but air 2.6 only works on iphone 3gs and later. If I were to post an update for my app using air 2.6 as a compiler would this break my app installs on pre 3gs phones? I would hate to see my inbox if my app were to update on someones device and then have the user tell me "well now it doesn't work anymore on my phone, you suck".

In the ideal world, iphone 3 and older users would never even be alerted to an app upgrade if it were not compatible with their device.

Is this the way it works?

oh please oh please

-Scott

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 13, 2011 May 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't quite wirk that way. Apple won't allow you to post an update that drops support for devices. Maybe the best option you have is to post a new app that support Retona, and call it HD. If it's a charged for app you could give it an intro price that is good, hopefully good enough to not upset people who are paying a second time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 15, 2011 May 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about for people who upgraded and want to tweak or change their app? Is it possible with cs5.5 to publish the .ipa file not using air 2.6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could either keep CS5 installed and build from there, or you could keep the PFI around and use the command line to make the IPA file.

I've begged the right people to allow for building through PFI from CS5.5, but I haven't heard of any progress on that ability yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok so 5.5 doesnt overwrite cs5? im on mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I only have full CS5 and full CS5.5, so I haven't been through the exact combination of doing an upgrade of CS5 to CS5.5. The program is installed into Applications/Adobe Flash CS5.5/, which means both sets can be installed at the same time, I'm just not sure about whether you'll have to deauthorize the CS5 number in order for the CS5.5 one to work.

At the very least, the CS5 PFI folder should still be there to use with the command line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines