• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Prevent errors when previewing app including Vibration ANE on desktop

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2013 Apr 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am making use of Adobe's Vibration ANE. It works fine when I deploy on my device but throws an error when I test my movie in the Flash IDE.

The content cannot be loaded because there was a problem loading an extension: Error: Requested extension com.adobe.Vibration is not supported for MacOS-x86.

This is because desktop isn't supported by the ANE. I am looking for an efficient way of being able to test the rest of my app on desktop and have it include vibration functionality when deploying on my device. I don't want to have to manually remove the ANE each time I test the app on my desktop and add it each time I deploy to my device. Could I, for example, somehow add 'fake' desktop support to the ANE? To clarify, I don't need it to do anything on desktop, I just want to be able to test the rest of my app.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 24, 2013 Apr 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to do the following:

- rename .ane to .zip

- extract content

- mess around with the extension.xml to reference your empty fake class on desktop

- repackage the ane using the compiler (I think rezipping alone does not work for checksum security reasons, though you could try)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you say how you would do that? For say just an iOS and on a Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the extension.xml you can set up one class for desktop (PC/Mac) that is used in addition to the already existing class that is used on iOS. I dont know all the settings by heart but its really self-explanatory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines