• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Prevent sound from starting before visuals when launching app?

Contributor ,
Dec 08, 2012 Dec 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We've just added intro sound effects to our mobile app near release, and noticed that the sound effects start playing before the visuals are displayed. We've tried putting the sound effects in an added to stage event, a resize event, and in an orientation change event, but in all three cases the sound effects start before the graphics appear. I am out of ideas and can't find any results online.

We'd like to avoid using a "tap screen to begin" opening graphic as a workaround if possible. Thanks for any tips!

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2012 Dec 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you add things to a displayList by code, maybe you can try listening for Event.ADDED on the displayObjects being added. And after everything you need is loaded, load the sound effect. Not sure if this works for you though. Hope it helps

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/flash/events/Event.html#ADDED

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 10, 2012 Dec 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As I said, we already tried the ADDED_TO_STAGE event and it didn't work. I hadn't tried just ADDED, but I tried it now and it also doesn't work. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines