• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with AIR windows in multi-monitor setup with different font scaling

Explorer ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm developing a multi-monitor Flex/AIR application that uses several AIR windows placed on different displays/monitors that might have different font scaling. I'm experiencing some graphical issues with the Flex components when moving a window from one display to another.

For example, say I have two AIR windows (A and B) and two displays (1 and 2). Display 1 has scaling set to 150% and Display 2 has it set to 100%. At app start both windows will be placed on Display 1. If I manually or programmatically move Window B from Display 1 (scaling: 150%) to Display 2 (scaling: 100%), the components of Window A (still placed on Display1) will suddenly shrink. Window B and its components (now on Display2) are successfully adjusted to the font scaling of its new placement (Display 2).

So the problem is that Window A also gets its contents re-rendered in another scaling when Window B is moved moved to a display with another scaling factor. The problem occurs when <initialWindow> in application descriptor has : <requestedDisplayResolution>high</requestedDisplayResolution>

Is there a way to have AIR applications be Per-monitor DPI Aware ?

OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, Version 1803, OS Build: 17134.1

Framework: Flex 4.6.0, AIR 29

Example project:

Dropbox - src.zip

See the attached GIF for a demonstration:

scalingissue.gif

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reproduced the same issue using the Starling and Feathers SDK with AIR 29. Is there a solution to this?

scalingissue.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same issue (described it here Re: How to consider "contentsScaleFactor" for each Window of a Multi-Window App?  before seeing there is already a report in another section)

EDIT:

Bug Tracker Link: Tracker

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines