• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with new mobile with full HD screens and high dpi resolution

Apr 22, 2013 Apr 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I encountered some problems with the size of an air application on my new phone.(HTC One)

Some new phone like HTC One, Sony Xperia Z or Samsung galaxy S4 have a full HD screen (1920x1080) and very high resolution in dpi (mine is 468dpi).

When you display an air application everything is very small on the screen and texts are impossible to read with comfort because they are really too small.

I have test many configurations by varying the dpi on the application but nothing works.

To read the text correctly on my phone, I have to use a font size of 40!

I cannot resonnably put this kind of font size value on my css for other phone near 320 dpi. (on those 40 will be very too big)

I conclude than for the moment air mobile doesn't manage correctly this kind of resolution and mobile with full hd screen.

Maybe Adobe should introduce  400 dpi and 480 dpi value in air for mobile, or an automatic scale for phone under 400 dpi.

Does anyone succeed in displaying correctly an air application on this kind of mobile?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 24, 2013 Apr 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check this:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/flash/system/Capabilities.html#sc...

Its on you to adjust your design based on this. I currently increase the font size on all mobile devices, I should also invest some time to make this dynamically based on the actual dpi.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2013 Jun 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

if you are working with Bitmaps and useing MultiDPIBitmapSource, you need to extend this class and add there one new DPIClassification == 400.

Adobe should provide some update because of full HD mobile devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines