• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

QR Code reader on Mobile Device...

Contributor ,
Jun 11, 2012 Jun 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm desperate here -- I have no idea why I can't get this to work, but I really need some help...

I've tried writing a custom QR-Code reader app for iOS and Android, and I can't get any app any where to recognize a QR-Code...

It *seems* to run OK, but it just never decodes any data -- always comes back with "nothing decoded" if it comes back at all...

I've tried the  ZXing library available on Google, and I've tried the one at LibSpark.org.  Neither of them will ever detect a QR-Code, and the ZXing library runs so incredibly slowly that it's useless anyway -- 7 to 10 seconds to process one image and tell me there's no QR-Code in there, when I know full well there is?  Ridiculous!

So, has anyone out there actually gotten a QR-Code reader app to work successfully?  One where you DON'T have to "click" a button to take a picture, but where it will simply scan the video input and will auto-detect when a QR-Code is in the video frame?

If so, I'd REALLY like to ask you how you did it, and even see some source-code if at all possible...

Thanks a bunch!

Laurence MacNeill

Mableton, Georgia, USA

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2013 Feb 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just did an got error - cannot be parsed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

found the tag Android

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under Android tag we have the tag

Manifest additions

uses permission Android Name = Android permission internet

uses permission  Android name = Android permission Camera

Do I add the Ui.Camera Activity line after this point ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes,

after uses permission and before closing the manifest tag. add everything from start of application tag to end of application tag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK GOT IT !!!!

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Works like a CHARM.

A MILLION thanks. Have you ANY idea how long I have tried to get this RIGHT - not just your code BUT a QR code reader in AS3.

Thanks

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reads QR Codes AND Barcodes on my Galsy S2

You are a REAL STAR Mate !!!

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you find any bug or issue. Please create an issue on google project.

best of luck!! cheers!!

Regards,

sbhave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2013 Feb 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sbhave, I tried using the native extension in a Flash Builder 4.6 project for Android (with AIR 3.5 SDK), based on your usage sample, but launching the scanning UI always fails.  I added the user permissions and camera activity to the Android manifest additions. Is there something else I'm missing? Maybe it could be the hardware, how could I verify this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Open your Applications app-xml file.

In that find a tag called android

Go to the bottom of this page http://code.google.com/p/adobe-air-qr-barcode-zbar-ane/wiki/SampleUsage copy paste the code at appropriate place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you added the activity in Android manifest Additions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2013 Jun 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sbhave,

Could the Actionscript part of your project work for a PC based AIR app?

I've written a touchscreen AIR app that needs barcode integration, and wondered if I could use your project, or parts of it for a PC only implementation or whether it was solely dependent on your ANE for Android environment.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2013 Jul 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SBhave

Paul here. I posted about your INCREDIBLE Qr code reader in AS3 before. It works like a charm and LIGHTNING fast.

Would you know where to get a class or whatever which will make it take the read output from a QR Vcard and add the address details to a mobile phones contact list ? Thanks.

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 16, 2013 Jul 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SBhave,

Just wanted to add my thanks - yet another developer who loves your native extension.

It simply works great.  

Douglas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2013 Jul 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Friends, please I need example project

any

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are familiar with intelliJ, i have migrated the repo to intelliJ on github,

https://github.com/saumitrabhave/qr-zbar-ane

It includes example as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not familiar with intellij but will take a look.

Thanks

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 16, 2013 Aug 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sbhave,

I try to use your qr-zbar-ane and it works fine, but the camera captures as set on an angle of 90 degrees, can I rotate it?

i hope you can answer asap cause i really would like to be able to use the camera

thanks a lot

fabris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi fabris.

If all you want to do is read qr codes the image orientation doesnt really make a difference as the reader code can see if the image is rotated and will correct for this in the read.

I dont know if it will effect the read capability of this code but a year or two back I was coding a camera on Android and had the problem of the image being rotated. I solved it by defining a movieclip which i called holder_mc. I placed holder_mc onstage and added the camera to it using holder_mc.addchild(myCamera) or whatever. Then I rotated the holder by holder_mc.rotation(90) or whatever. Sorry I am doing this off the top of my head so the syntax may not be exact but I hope you get the idea. I was even able to enlarge the camera view by simply enlarging holder_mc through

holder_mc.scaleX = 2;

holder_mc.scaleY = 2;

and so on.

Hope this helps.

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

thanks for your prompt reply, but I'm using this code

sc = new Scanner() 

sc.setTargetArea(350,"0xFF0000FF","0xFFABCDEF");

sc.setConfig(Symbology.EAN13,Config.ENABLE,1);

sc.addEventListener(ScannerEvent.SCAN,onScan);

sc.launch(true);

(is the sample code used in reader.as) and when start the camera, the capture appears rotated. I don't know which is the object that I must rotate in the code

thanks a lot for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi fabris

Can please log an issue at github repo, providing exact issue repro steps, screenshots, platforms etc.

I will surely fix the valid issues logged.

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2013 Aug 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sbhave, nice to meet you!

Thanks for the ane to reading qr codes

I've trying the example you published but I've an error. Could you give me any clue about solve it?

ArgumentError: Error #3500: The extension context does not have a method with the name targetArea.

at flash.external::ExtensionContext/_call()

at flash.external::ExtensionContext/call()

at com.sbhave.nativeExtensions.zbar::Scanner/setTargetArea()[/Users/saumib/projects/repos/final/qr-zbar-ane/ASLib/src/com/sbhave/nativeExtensions/zbar/Scanner.as:116]

at reader/onStart()[/Users/gabriel/Development/qr-zbar-ane-master/Example/src/reader.as:68]

Many thanks!

Gabriel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2013 Nov 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi gturielle,

I've got the same message as yours when I try to test the app locally on my computer.

If you publish an apk file and try the app on your mobile device, it should run smoothly

Thomas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2013 Nov 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sbhave,

very nice job, it works very fine on my nexus 4!!

I've got a question, I'm trying to find where the symbol library is... Is it possible to modify it? Because for my project, I'd like to scan medecines and the barcode system is specific so it doesn't work at the moment.

Thanks!

Thomas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2013 Nov 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I modify the scanning UI?or can I custom the scanning UI?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2014 Dec 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I have to do a barcode scaner app, so i tried to use this, but i can't get it to work.

I mostly get "Error #1014: Class com.sbhave.nativeExtensions.zbar::Scanner could not be found." at this point.

Edit : nvm, just had to include the ANE into the packages.

thanks anyway, some good pointers on this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines