• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

QR Code reader on Mobile Device...

Contributor ,
Jun 11, 2012 Jun 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm desperate here -- I have no idea why I can't get this to work, but I really need some help...

I've tried writing a custom QR-Code reader app for iOS and Android, and I can't get any app any where to recognize a QR-Code...

It *seems* to run OK, but it just never decodes any data -- always comes back with "nothing decoded" if it comes back at all...

I've tried the  ZXing library available on Google, and I've tried the one at LibSpark.org.  Neither of them will ever detect a QR-Code, and the ZXing library runs so incredibly slowly that it's useless anyway -- 7 to 10 seconds to process one image and tell me there's no QR-Code in there, when I know full well there is?  Ridiculous!

So, has anyone out there actually gotten a QR-Code reader app to work successfully?  One where you DON'T have to "click" a button to take a picture, but where it will simply scan the video input and will auto-detect when a QR-Code is in the video frame?

If so, I'd REALLY like to ask you how you did it, and even see some source-code if at all possible...

Thanks a bunch!

Laurence MacNeill

Mableton, Georgia, USA

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2014 Dec 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi:

I have updated the Library with new Set of APIs So that,

You can place the Scanner Preview on the Stage(Similar to StageWebView) and have your own UX around it. Also Localize in the way application desires.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fortunately, there are apps where you can do this, just open playstore or the appstore, then type in search, "qr code scanner" and there will be a lot of apps which all work properly. I tried some of them and they work perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines