Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Buffer creation failed. Internal error" in Air 18.0.0.109 Beta

Advocate ,
May 01, 2015 May 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

we were using Air 17.0.0.144 for our Android app and received several complaints that the game was not working on Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini, Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 and others. Upon investigation we were able to reproduce the problem on a Samsung Galaxy S1, seeing a "Texture format mismatch" exception. This bug is supposedly fixed in Air 18.0.0.109 Beta, so we upgraded our Air version, but instead we are now seeing a "Buffer creation failed. Internal error" exception. Anyone else having this issue?

Air 16.0.0.292 is working fine, we now released a fix with this version, but I am a bit worried that this will hit us again as we continue with newer Air versions.

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the note.  Would you mind opening a bug over at https://bugbase.adobe.com with some sample code so I can ask the team to investigate?  Once the bug is added, just let me know the bug number and I'll get the ball rolling.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have encounter this too.

When debugging on Android Device, an error occur when rendering FeathersUI Button and Scale9Image.

And when displaying Starling images with different alpha (say some alpha = 1, and some alpha = 0.99) would crash too. I have add another attachment for you to test.

A bug has been opened with sample code. See whether you can reproduce the error.

Bug#3980391 - Buffer creation failed. Internal error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 02, 2015 May 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting the bug in bugbase. We will investigate the issue at our end and get back to you soon.

Thanks,

Adobe Air Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2015 May 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

We were working on reproducing these issues. As it seems, these are the four issues that are being discussed here and on the logged bug ( Bug#3980391 - Buffer creation failed. Internal error. ). We would love to address all four of these.

1. The ScrollText component of the feathers UI isn't displayed on a Nexus 4 with Android 5.1 but no errors are shown.

2. On a Samsung Galaxy S2 with Android 4.1.2 I'm getting the error described above (Buffer creation failed. Internal error) and the app crashes completely.

3. And when displaying Starling images with different alpha (say some alpha = 1, and some alpha = 0.99) would crash too. I have add another attachment for you to test.

4. StageText component isn't displayed with the latest beta 18.

But we will need some clarification on the scenario.

It seems that these issues are reported for different devices and with different AIRSDK builds.

Can you please provide the AIRSDK version and the device on which these issues were reproduced at your end ?

-Tushar,

Adobe AIR team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 22, 2015 May 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, how is the progress? can Adobe reproduce the bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 26, 2015 May 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Wignow: Did you read the previous post? Adobe can reproduce the problem but would like us to send them minimized examples of the different usecases in which we can produce the error.

@topic: I will try to post an example how to reproduce the issue on Samsung Galaxy S1 as described in my first post, but might take a while, we are busy as usual

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 28, 2015 May 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rewb0rn‌ of course I have read that. I already reproduce my bug in the bugbase, since it has already been some time, just wanna see Adobe need more information from me or they are fixing into the bug already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 29, 2015 May 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I just wanted to report that with the current 18.0.0.142 Beta SDK I am not able to reproduce the said error on the Samsung Galaxy S1. If we will encounter the error again in the future, I will open another report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2015 Jun 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Wingnow,

We are working on the issue and following up on the following Bugbase entry.
Bug#3980391 - Buffer creation failed. Internal error.

-Tushar,

Adobe AIR Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines