• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recommendations for building an iOS/Amazon children's game series built in Air/Flash Builder

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone. I own an iOS/Amazon children's game series that was built in Air/Flash Builder by my brother-in-law (who has now sadly passed away). I have all the assets but no coding knowledge. The games haven't been updated for over 2 years now.

I designed all the game animations in Flash and output them to SWC for import into the game build. Would anyone on this forum be able to re-build for the latest iOS / Kindle Fire devices, or what software/route would be recommended as an alternative please? Would it be easier to start from scratch?

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear about your brother-in-law.

You definitely should be able to update them to release with the latest OS versions, I wouldn't advise starting from scratch.

What exactly are you trying to achieve? 

air native extensions // https://airnativeextensions.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Thanks for getting back to me.

I'm basically getting more and more emails over the last 6 months saying that the games don't open on various devices so I feel I need to re-publish all the games with the latest SDK so that I can update them on the app stores.  I know that my brother-in-law wrote some (.bat?) script that would output them all in one go but I'm afraid that despite being IT savvy (web designer) I have no idea about coding or how to output apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are probably not going to be able to just run the scripts again. I'd say you'll have to go through and update certificates and provisioning profiles for your iOS apps to at least get them to build. You'll want to get AIR 33 from Harman (https://airsdk.harman.com/download) as well to ensure you are supporting the latest OS versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I had tried running the script without success. Would you be interested in any freelance work to get these apps built for me? If so, send me your contact details and I'll be in touch. Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feel free to shoot me an email via info@distriqt.com 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks - will do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines