• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Running Flash Player in AIR?

Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, I'm trying to port a Flash game originally made for the web to Steam. The game relies on the StageQuality settings to achieve decent performance, and these are not available in Desktop AIR. So my plan is to run the game in Flashplayer, packaged in an AIR app which let's me take advantage AIR features.

Here's the features I need from AIR:
• Different window sizes (done)
• Different "windowed" full screen resolutions (having problems here)
• Unprompted file creation/access (not attempted yet)
• Steam API access with the FRESteamworks ANE (done)

Here's the features I need from Flash Player:
• Low and Medium StageQuality

At the moment my approach is to use a HTMLLoader object in my AIR swf, to open the game swf in Flash Player, and then use LocalConnection to communicate with it. This seems to be working so far, but I'm having trouble with the full screen resolutions. If I implement full screen in the game swf, the "allow full screen with keyboard controls?" pop up appears, and is frozen (I can't click it). If I implement full screen in the AIR swf, I can't use fullScreenSourceRect to achieve different resolutions - it only affects the HTML page, not the swfs within it, as far as I can see. Neither of these approaches are ideal...

Does anyone have any experience working on something similar? Am I doing this totally wrong? Is there a way to treat a swf in the HTMLoader object as a local swf? (to bypass the pop up?)

Thanks.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines