• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Samsung Galaxy S10+ compatibility

Contributor ,
Jun 27, 2019 Jun 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone else had trouble with their AIR apps on the new Galaxy S10+ (and possibly all S10) phones? All my android apps built with the March version of AIR 32 and Starling / GPU layer are receiving the wrong resolution info from those phones and as a result only show a small slice of the app with the rest of the screen black. Usually there's an AIR update to support new phones within a month or two, but HARMAN has told me they don't consider it a high priority (despite being a subsidiary of Samsung...).

I reported it here:

https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/AIR-4198836

But I haven't heard other devs mention this issue, so I wonder if it might be something specific to my apps and/or something I could work around. It looks like it limits the draw area in a way I can't affect from my code, but users have reporting fixing it by swapping to another app and back.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 27, 2019 Jun 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are tons of Android devices that report wrong resolution/size so we have put together years ago an ANE (ultra simple to do) that reports metrics and size. We are still using it today (its values are used to setup our app size and resolution) and our apps are always showing with right size on any device so far including the S10 family. Don't rely on what's reported by AIR, use an ANE to report device size and resolution, it's not just the S10 where your app is not showing correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 28, 2019 Jun 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I only have a standard S10 and it works fine, however you need to make a small adjustment to your manifest. I would expect the same to be true for the S10+. By default, Android apps do not support all device ratios and would go for a smaller screen size on the S10. To avoid this and support ultra wide displays, add the following to your application.xml inside the <application> node:

<!-- this lets you support devices larger than 16:9 ratio -->

<meta-data android:name="android.max_aspect" android:value="2.50" />

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the suggestions! I've been holding out for AIR "any day now" 33.

@ASWC can you elaborate on how you're changing the width with hardcoded values? I think it's too deep for me to affect. Even if my code ignores stage.fullscreenWidth and uses the correct values, it looks like the engine is only rendering my app (both Flash and Stage3D components) to a small 10% slice of the screen. Stage.fullscreenWidth is read-only so I don't know how/where I would override this value, unless it's somewhere I can't find in Starling... Also, if native code calls return the correct values, where the heck is AIR getting the wrong ones from?

@rewb0rn thanks for the heads up on the metadata change. This totally explains why my apps haven't been stretching out on taller phones including my Pixel 3. I'm not sure it explains this issue though? Stage.fullscreenWidth and Height are reporting 193x1080 - 1/10th the expected 16:9 width of 1920, just a strange tiny slice. I'm also pretty sure the problem is unique to the S10+ now as I only get complaints about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sarah, you know that Harman is now offering AIR 33, right? Still beta, though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines