• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

sophisticated algorithm running in all platforms (an $95K project)

Feb 20, 2012 Feb 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys, I've been working for a while in a very interesting project which is schedule to be released on March 15th, it is at the moment in its final QA stage. During its development I've faced some crazy situations that made me feel encouraged for writing an article (including a video) which I would like to share with all the Flash Mobile development community. I have added some interesting notes about the whole development process making emphasis on one particular feature, the main algorithm used in the game which is responsible for the whole player experience. I hope you like. here is the link to the article http://www.yoambulante.com/en/labs/trafficwonder_drawing.php

the game is ready for you to install, as I said it is in its last QA stage but the actual version (0.9.9 prior release) is quite stable and fully funcional, feel free to download it and install it on your tablet, or your desktop PC/MAC. I really would like to hear your comments and feedback, let me know what you think, thank you so much! cheers!

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good read, especially all the facts. How did you manage to gather some of those statistics these app stores dont seem to really want to disclose most of their numbers especially itunes.

Game looks great, hope you have a successful release!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, thank you so much for your feedback, I am so glad you liked it. the Apple figures are public, they make them public every quarter, sales results.

we are here to help each order, if you have a tablet (or your PC/MAC) please feel free to install the game and have a go with it, that will definitelly help me a lot to understand about the game more, download it from http://www.trafficwonderapp.com/

aditionally I would like to say, if anyone has a game and wants to have an aditional feedback or test it, I am really up for doing it on my spare time. here are my UDIDs:

Ipad1: b206bcbf6a61f06dad81ca5bcf850c138a8858a4

Ipad2: 7f75f41aa94522e9f7d4c29dcd38557edc3673a4

Iphone3G: 583d926732f6b7f2bf3576acd1b4abe6aac2e04c

Iphone4s: 9f7c94d9b245fa1bb5649a7c909ef9cc686ee892

Also I got an Android tablet (Motorola Xoom), Amazon Kindle Fire, and a Blackberry Playbook.

once again, thank you so much!

feel free to comment, or ask what ever you want, we are here to help each other,

alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice write up,

I'm excited to hear about big projects coming to market. I've been developing a game for about 9 months and am on the final stretch.  A moonlighting job, so its taking a lot longer than if I was working full time.

I will say this, I helped one of the biggest casual game companies in the world start their iphone and ipad buissness up and one trick we readly used was a 'soft launch' stratagy. So if you have a game that you think may do well, but were not sure of. Launch it a small market first (like Canada). Canada is a great test market for apps target to the larger US market.  I'm not saying it a gaurnatee you may learn something, but it can definately yield important feedback before hitting the world market (or even the larger US market).

-dis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 21, 2012 Feb 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the article, it's always interesting to get a personal point of view about your AIR experience. I also believe that AIR can be a very interesting solution, and can't wait for version 3.2.

Oh, and nice app by the way!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 21, 2012 Feb 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi guys! I am so glad you liked the article, I am thinking in publishing some figures about the game of how it goes on each plaform when it is live,

at this moment all publishers are really worried about the week before and after 22nd of March, the new Angry Birds Space confirmed release date. Traffic Wonder is gonna be launched the week before...

fingers crossed.

cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2012 Feb 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good article, thanks.

What you write here is particularly true:

There are evil people out there buying your app, some of them are very ignorant, some of them are just 100% your competitors (enemies), be prepare for bad reviews, those bad 1 star reviews will always come over at some point, try to interpret them in the best way possible, regardless how much effort you put in your app, regardless how good your app is, we need to understand bad reviews are part of it all.

I find it funny that competitors decide they can damage you by giving bad reviews. It happens, though, and I think it is ridiculous.

If you do something good, you should not fear the competition and should not feel the urge to spot a bad light on them. Do your thing well, is all.

Nevertheless, misery wants company... This is one of the reasons why all apps should have a price. In order to damage you, people should at least give you a couple of real cents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 23, 2012 Feb 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"misery wants company" lol!! sadly I kind of agree with you.

the thing is, there is not much we can do in ios, in other platforms there are some ways to protect yourself about bad reviews (reviews that are not even relevant to your product), other platforms like blackberry have mechanisms for reporting reviews as an "abuse" or "not relevant" so they can be removed without damaging your product withno sense (no fundament at all).

the day dukenukem was released I wasn't to impressed with the game considering they spent over 10 years making it, but anyway, it was ok, there are thousand of worse games out there... did you see the way how people completely destroyed the whole game like if it was a piece of c^%*, my god! I think, no publisher deserve that... there is a huge effort and time of our life spent on any game we make, regardless how good/bad it is, we deserve a fair/realistic/valid feedback... that day I felt a bit sorry about them, at the same time I felt angry...

at least the rule is the same for us all, there is a massive risk building expectations on people.... I hope you like Traffic Wonder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines