• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sound pausing shortly when user locks iOS device?

Engaged ,
Jan 10, 2014 Jan 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The bug causing a background sound to stop, when a user locks the screen on iOS device, has been lately fixed in AIR 4.0 beta.

However, now with beta 4.0.0.1390, when the device is locked or goes into sleep mode, the sound stops for 2 seconds (sometimes a bit more, it depends on the device power), then the sound continues playing. It happens on various devices (iPhone 3GS, iPod 4 and iPhone 4S) and multiple OS (5.1.1, 6.0.1,  and 7).

My code is very simple, and uses the standard Sound.play() function. Of course it is better than the previous behaviour, since at least now the sounds continues after a while, but this cut can get annoying. Before I submit a bug, do you guys encounter the same issue?

Thank you!

Frédéric

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2014 Jan 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We are able to reproduce the issue, could you please open a new bug report on this over at bugbase.adobe.com?  Once the bug has been added would you mind posting back with the URL so that others affected can add their votes and comments?

Regards,

Nimit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 13, 2014 Jan 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Nimit,

Thank you for validating this issue. I created a bug report here: https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3692617

Since I am creating an audio app, this one is critical for me.

Good luck!

Frédéric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines