• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

StageText not auto-completing

Enthusiast ,
Aug 20, 2015 Aug 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using FlashDevelop with AIR SDK 17, FD is not recognizing flash.text.StageText as far as code insight, code completion etc.

I'm guessing that I need to manually include one of the SWCs from the Flex SDK? Which is funny because Flash CC 2015 seems to recognize it just fine with the same AIR SDK (not Flex SDK).

What's up?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 23, 2015 Aug 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure are working with an Air project template instead of a Flash project? StageText is only supported for Air.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 25, 2015 Aug 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're totally right, but I already knew that, and my question was about which SWCs from the Flex/AIR SDK I need to include in order to get auto-completion. The StageText components are compiling OK with Flash: it's just code hinting /insight that's not working. Typically you have to manually include some of the SWCs inside the AIR/Flex SDK. I just don't know which ones they are. Hoping someone from the community knows and is willing to share that info!

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 26, 2015 Aug 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay I cant test it right now, but in case the swcs are correctly included but just refuse to show up in autocompletion, this will help: Find the .swc file and rename it to zip. Extract all files from the zip to your file system. Then create a new zip file including all files that you extracted and rename it back to .swc. FlashDevelop does not understand all zip algorithms and therefore will fail to show autocomplete for some. Maybe it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines