• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

stall after Loader.load() any .png iOS7

Participant ,
Oct 07, 2013 Oct 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My app includes a script to load several .jpg or .png "slides".  I make an array and then load the first one, when its Event.COMPLETE fires, I load the next one.  I've found that when running on the iPad it will usually pause for a good 30-60 seconds immediately after I call Loader.load() if the file is a .png.  I say that it pauses because I don't even get the progess events to fire until it finally commences.  But then it seems to always recover, fires the progress events and finally the Event.COMPLETE.  It only happens on the device--not the "test movie" similator.  Using AIR 3.9.0.960 in Flash CS6.

Any ideas?  I can make a simple example that demonstrates the problem if need be.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 07, 2013 Oct 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the problem. Could you please answer following?

Is this specific to iOS7?

Is this specific to any particular iOS device type? iPhone or iPad?

Does this happen only on 3.9 builds or you've encountered this on older versions (3.8?) of AIR SDK as well?

We request you to file a bug on bugbase.adobe.com with a sample set of files which demonstrate the problem. Also, please report back the bug number here on the forum.

-Thanks

Pahup

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 08, 2013 Oct 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had a very similar problem to what you're describing, I have long load times on AIR 1080 for PNG files in device runtime. I have you tried running this on the device in Release mode? It would be interesting to see if the images your loading load at all, as I suspect that they will be an issue with allowCodeImport in the LoaderContext.

I ended up using an ImageLoader (part of the greensock API) which did the trick - really well too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am pretty sure it's testing correctly now as long as I use no PNG files. I'll try to post a nice bug if my requirements change or I have time.  Also, I can look more carefully at LoaderContext and allowCodeImport (though the docs make that sound only connected to .swf).

Ollie, did the greensock code let you load PNGs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes the greensock loaders worked fine.

As for the LoaderContext and the allowCodeImport, I didn't dive into it too deeply, however when you attempt to loadbytes or load I think it assumes that you're going to load a SWF anyway, but I'm not 100% - it seemed that way when I gave it a go. Anyway, like I mentioned I used Greensock anyway because I wanted a nice, prooven loading queue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines