• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Support for tvOS?

Explorer ,
Sep 09, 2015 Sep 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just seen the latest Apple announcements and the launch of tvOS.

This would be great to be able to target with Adobe AIR, would this be something Adobe are going to look into? or perhaps it's already mostly compatible since it's a similar runtime to iOS?

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 10, 2015 Sep 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bump. Agreed.  Would love this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the emphasis on games and apps, Air has got to support TVOS as a platform.  It would be really nice to get some feedback and roadmap from Adobe on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with all the above comments. We would love to see tvOS support so we can port our games.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 11, 2015 Sep 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what's happening with tvOS on Cocoas2d: Cocos2D on Apple TV - what works and what doesn't - Cocos2D-SpriteBuilder Forum

Can we do that in Air?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 14, 2015 Sep 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - would love to see Apple TV Support!!

Can anyone from Adobe (@chris.campbell) say if this will be supported in the near future?

... and what about Apple Watch support? 🙂 I'm still waiting for this too 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 15, 2015 Sep 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well its nice to be dreaming, but remember what happened to Smart TV support. I'd rather see focus on maintaining what we have right now and improving stability and fixing bugs. I know its lame, but it's the foundation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 05, 2015 Oct 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got the notification that I'm getting an AppleTV Dev Kit. Would love to take this opportunity to show what Air can do . . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 05, 2015 Oct 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received my AppleTV Dev Kit 2 weeks ago and all I can do is ... nothing. 😞

Still waiting for information about when we can expect Apple TV Support!!

Please share some infos about the roadmap Adobe!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 22, 2015 Oct 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just received an email from Apple today asking "about my progress on TV OS as I was seeded a new Apple TV" 5 weeks ago ...

Now what can I reply?

I have at least three Apps I want to publish for Apple TV as soon as possible - but I CAN'T DO ANYTHING as there is still no Apple TV support !! I'd like to test my apps on the TV Device but there is still no way to install them. If so, please share some news!!

I'm now waiting for any reply, a roadmap, an update, Apple TV Support or some information since 5 weeks and all I hear from Adobe is NOTHING!! Really Adobe?

Are you still working on Adobe Air / Flash or should I use Unity or Corona from now on?

Please share some news!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2016 Jan 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also like to request support for AppleTV.

From my limited experience developing a tvOS game in Objective-C, I found the new AppleTV to be surprisingly powerful. In relation to performance, the 4th gen AppleTV is essentially an iPhone 6 Plus with double the RAM. I suspect that I could port many of my flash games to AppleTV and simply use my existing software rendering code.

Please Adobe, support tvOS in the next AIR beta!

- Rusty

rustymoyher.com — @rustym

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 04, 2016 Jan 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Adobe please support AppleTV in the next AIR version!

It's a very interesting market and platform that many AIR developers are waiting to support!

We will finally be able to develop games for the living room TV! (Since we can't publish to the other gaming consoles...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2016 Feb 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree to all of the guys! Would love to see tvOS support!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 26, 2016 Jun 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any news on tvOS and or HTML5 update on AIR 23?

Regards,

Sean - http://DigitalSignage.com

MediaSignage.com, FREE Digital Signage for everyone!

5776-D Lindero Cyn Rd #182

Westlake Village, CA 91362

Phone: 1.877.DIG.SIGN (1-877-344-7446)

Fax: 1.818.337.0442

Live support: http://chat.digitalsignage.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 26, 2016 Jun 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are a lot of HTML5 publishing improvements in the Adobe Animate from a few days ago, but I haven't heard any news about Apple TV.

The two things are not related by the way, so far it seems like Apple won't be allowing web views in Apple TV, which rules out using HTML5 for making apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines