• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Surface 4 - AIR 19.0.0.213 - Closes immediatey

Enthusiast ,
Oct 28, 2015 Oct 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an AIR app that is running fine on the MS Surface 3 running Windows 8. However the same app on a Surface 4 running Windows 10 closes immediately with a windows dialog stating the exe has stopped working. Have tried running in Win 8 compatibility mode, run as admin, etc. all the same.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 28, 2015 Oct 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed Flash CS6, Flash Develop, AIR SDK etc. on the Surface 4 so that I can hopefully get some debug info... and I get nothing. From Flash the app crashes immediately with 'debug session terminated' with no other errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 29, 2015 Oct 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looked in Event viewer and the application generates a basic 'Application Error' with EventID 1000. However something of interest is the Faulting Module Name - and that is: IntelSocYuvCopy.dll - which appears to be the Camera Driver for the Surface. I am using Camera so I may try disabling it to see if the app will run - but I definitely need the camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not initializing Camera the app works and runs. But I need camera... Every app of mine I've tried that uses camera crashes with an error in that IntelSocYuvCopy.dll module.

Haven't been able to find out about updating/changing the camera drivers. Anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just for fun I installed a Logitech c920 and it's drivers on the Surface 4. From the Windows Camera app it works fine and I can choose between all three cameras.

I can run my app (only in Windows 8 compatibility mode with camera enabled) and I internally choose the Logitech. AIR doesn't crash but the camera does not turn on or work at all.

If I turn off Windows 8 compatibility mode and the camera is enabled, the APP doesn't run at all - just crashes right away.

Really could use some help - not sure if this is an AIR problem with how Windows 10 uses media like cameras, or it's a Windows problem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines