• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The "air." prefix does not apear in my app.xml

Apr 21, 2013 Apr 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am publishing an app for the Amazon store using the Flash Pro CS6.

after I publish my app I noticed  that the is no  "air." prefix in the <id> tag in my app.xml.  The "air." prefix is a default in the Flash Pro CS6 publish settings and cannot be changed.

Should I add the "air." prefix to my app ID in the amazon store or should it be exactly the same as my <id> in the app.xml file? (without the "air.")

What about the Play Store?

Why did Adobe put the hard-coded prefix?

Thanks...

Aviv

I'm using AIR 3.6

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't add the air part, that's done automatically. I believe it was put there so that it was possible for Adobe to know which apps in the stores were AIR apps. You are able to opt out from the scheme by following this article:

http://helpx.adobe.com/air/kb/opt-out-air-application-analytics.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You Colin,

Let me see if I understand it correctly.

Adobe puts a air. prefix for some reason in the publish process. But the prefix doesn't apear in the app.xml and I don't need to add it to my app id when I register my app in the Play and Amazon stores? In previos apps I used to add the air. prefix in the Google Play store, but you say it was not nessecery?

BTW, I don't mind being followed by Adobe or reveal to the world my apps are using AIR.

Aviv

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You generally don't type app ids when uploading to the stores. So, whoever is in the apk is what is used. The ID in the xml does not have "air" at the start, so, I don't know when it gets added, but it doesn't involve me at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 24, 2013 Apr 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gets added during compilation and its important to note that although you dont type "air." in front of your id in the xml, you might need to use "air.[YOUR_APP_ID]" in the application branch inside the xml when you are referencing your app id for other services such as external intents on Android. This can be a bit confusing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 24, 2013 Apr 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found setting the app stores confusing enough without Adobe adding more unnecessary complications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2013 Jul 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I developed an app for Android a while ago using just the basic native Android SDK, so of course there is no ".air" prefix. But since then I've started using the AIR platform and have completely redeveloped my app using AIR/Flash Builder 4.7 and there is no clear way to remove the ".air" prefix.

I can not update my app until Adobe addresses this issue. It is no longer nessisary to have the "air." prefix due to the captive runtime.

I found an awful long solution involving basically dismantalling the .apk file and repackaging it. But the workflow of this is an absolute mess to have to go through for every single update. In the iphone debug exporter there is a field to modify the package name that is visible in Flash Builder 4.7. Why can't that just be part of the Android release build export process that way I can easily remove the "air." prefix.

Adobe is making it really hard to switch over to using the AIR platform from developing with the native Android SDK.

I've also had trouble figuring out the 'AIR_NOANDROIDFLAIR' to true fix. Has anyone had any luck with getting this to work on a Mac? Would you mind posting how you went about setting that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 16, 2013 Sep 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's just plain horrible. Auto-opting in for "AIR analytics" is just dead wrong.

The painful process put in place to remove this annoyingly frustrating prefix is just to discourage you from opting out. I think it's very unfair to the community and a definite first priority for the next Flash Release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines