• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trace statements with Air 29 - General release vs. beta

Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to get trace statements when I compile and debug with current production release of Air 29.0.0.112 but I do get traces if I use the current beta SDK (29.0.0.108). I am targeting both Windows Desktop and Android, and I see the same behavior for both platforms with both versions of the SDK.

Has anyone else run into this?

Thanks!

Josh

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Hi,

The issue has been fixed with our latest beta for AIR SDK. You may download the beta from Download Adobe AIR 30 Beta - Adobe Labs. Give it a try and let us know.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What IDE are you using?

I'm using Flash Builder and everything just fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies! I did not see your post come across the board until now.

I am using FDT -- however, for traces I am running the code from the Air Debug Launcher (adl) on windows and viewing debugs using logcat on Android. In both cases I am able to get trace statements with Air 29 Beta, but not the production release.

josh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just realized that I need to amend my initial posting...

When compiling for Android, I do indeed see the behavior I described in the initial post (traces work in the beta release but not the production release).

For Windows desktop; however, trace statements do not work for any flavor of Air 29. If I roll back to Air 28, I do get trace statements.

I've tried both running a simple app in my IDE (FDT on a Mac) as well as running the app externally with adl for Windows.

Am I alone in this?

Thanks!

Josh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for reporting the issue. We are looking into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The issue has been fixed with our latest beta for AIR SDK. You may download the beta from Download Adobe AIR 30 Beta - Adobe Labs. Give it a try and let us know.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fantastic!

Thanks kindly for taking care of this. Your work on Air is truly appreciated.

Josh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tested Air 30 beta with Intellij 2018.1.4

Traces work for Run configuration, don't work for Debug configuration. Break points don't work either.

Update: After MacOS reboot -- started working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines