Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to debug on Android anymore

Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

for some unknown reasons, I am not able to debug on ANY Android (neither Samsung Galaxy S4 nor Galaxy Tab 2 nor Galaxy Note 10.1) device on my Mac anymore. Flash Builder detects the devices, starts building the packages and get´s stuck while "Waiting to connect to the running application" and quits the debugsession with a friendly "The Flash Builder Debugger failed to connect to the running application. Ensure USB debugging is enabled on the device".

Has anyone faced the same problems?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you able to debug on android before? If you recently updated the SDK I read there was a bug with usb debugging on mobile device, an update/fix to the beta 3.8 SDK came out a day or so  ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this seems related to the SDK, since 3.6 and 3.5 work fine.

I think I will update later this day Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi phihochzwei

I tried USB debugging on Android device with Flash Builder 4.7 on Mac with latest AIR SDK and it works fine for me.

Could you please confirm your Device model, OS version, AIR SDK version & Flash Builder version ?

Additionally, could you please verify if the "USB debugging" option is selected in the settings menu when you connect your device to Mac. Also some settings like "Charge Only", "Mount as disk drive" etc. which show up when you connect your device, might also sometimes cause the issue. Please ensure that the appropriate option required for debugging on your device is selected when you connect it to mac.

Regards,

Abhinav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abhinav,

- I tried to debug on:

1. Samsung Galaxy S4
  2. Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
  3. Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
  4. Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

- USB-Debugging is enabled on all of the devices.

- I use: Flash Builder 4.7 Premium on iMac 27" (early 2013) with latest OSX. The SDK is AIR 3.7 with Flex 4.9.1

As mentioned: Flash Builder detects the devices correctly but doesn´t install or start. And only with 3.7

When using any older SDK, it works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the issue again with AIR 3.7.0.2090 with Flash Builder 4.7 on Samsung Galaxy S4 and the USB debugging worked fine for me. Could you please confirm your AIR SDK patch number ?

-Abhinav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I surely can do, but honestly I have no idea where to find it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could find out the AIR SDK version/patch number by running the following command on mac terminal :

<AIR SDK Location>/bin/adt -version

Please inform about the version which the above command returns.

-Abhinav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines