Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

URL Schemes in iOS 9

Advocate ,
Oct 02, 2015 Oct 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I was reading that from iOS 9 developers can add URL scheme handlers for specific domains. So instead of using "myapp://domain" we can now add handlers for actual domain names like "www.myappdomain/somefile.html". Has anyone done that, is it supported in Air 19?

Thanks,

Ruben

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 06, 2015 Oct 06, 2015

I think you may have misinterpreted my wordings. That link was just for information purpose. My mistake I didn't posted official link to that. Anyways, you are right in your assumption that NSUserActivity is coupled with Invoke event in AS3.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Oct 02, 2015 Oct 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't tried this because this can be done via js inside your html file This is apple feature without actual feature

But if this iOS9-only feature I think this can be implemented in AIR 20.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2015 Oct 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have added the support for iOS 9 Universal links in AIR 19. You can set up your domain, read more about Universal Links at:

Breaking down iOS 9 Universal Links

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 06, 2015 Oct 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

agupta looks like you are promoting some sort of 3rd party tool? I am not interested in that.

Anton here is an article about linking a URL to your app, they call it Universal Links App Search Programming Guide: Support Universal Links

We currently have no device with iOS 9 so I could not test it, yet. But I would assume the NSUserActivity would be coupled to the Invoke event in AS3..?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 06, 2015 Oct 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you may have misinterpreted my wordings. That link was just for information purpose. My mistake I didn't posted official link to that. Anyways, you are right in your assumption that NSUserActivity is coupled with Invoke event in AS3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 22, 2015 Oct 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, it's working now! I posted more details here, for anyone else struggling: Re: Universal Links - ApplicationVerificationFailed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2015 Nov 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, isn't URL Schemes different from Universal Links? I am looking to use URL Schemes to switch from one of my apps to another. My understanding of Universal Links is that it is for linking to your app from an email, for instance. Anyone have details on an implementation of URL Schemes? How does AS3 access the info.plist of the app to get the whitelist of approved apps for switching?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines