• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WARNING: Unlicensed version of AIR SDK on Android versions below 8

Participant ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just update 3 of my apps with the Harman AIR 33.1.1.176, everything goes fine on Android 8 and above, but every Android version below 8 fails with message:
WARNING: Unlicensed version of AIR SDK

I tested on 8 Different devices and only worked when the Android version is 8 or above, o the rest always stopped with the indicated error message. This is CATASTROFIC because more than a 45% of the Adobe AIR users have Android versions below 8.

The devices tested are some physical some trough Samsung Remote Test Lab:

NOT WORKING:

Asus Memo Pad 7 - Android 4..2.2

Galaxy Note 3 - Android 5.0

Galaxy S10E - Android 9.0

Galaxy S5 - Android 6.0.1

Galaxy Tab A - Android 7.1.1

Asus Memo Pad HD 7 - Android 4.2.2

WORKING:

Galaxy S7 Edge - Android 8.0

Galaxy Tab S4 - Android 9.0

Motorola Moto G6 Plus - Android 9.0

NOTE: On the working devices the Harman Splash Screen appears normaly

So what can we do with this?, this means the DEATH of our apps, I have dozens of support message on my inbox right now myusers that updatadet inmediately my apps, but almost anybody could open the apps, all of them receive that error.

EDIT/UPDATE: I've just packed a version with the original AIR SDK as was downloaded, and it failed with exactly the same ERROR

I attached Screen shots of the tested devices, Working and Not Working

Asus Memo Pad 7 - Android 4.2.2.pngAsus Memo Pad 7 - Error.pngGalaxy Note 3 - Android 5.0.pngGalaxy Note 3 - Error.pngGalaxy S5 - Android 6.0.1.pngGalaxy S5 - Error.pngGalaxy Tab A - Android 7.1.1.pngGalaxy Tab A - Error.pngGalaxy S10E - Android 9.0.pngGalaxy S10E - Working.pngGalaxy S7 Edge - Android 8.0.pngGalaxy S7 Edge - Working.pngGalaxy Tab S4 - Android 9.0.pngGalaxy Tab S4 - Working.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you updated to the recent 33.1.1.190?  This bug is listed as fixed in the release notes for that newest version:

https://airsdk.harman.com/release_notes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flipline - Just wondering - is there a way to get notified when a new version of the SDK comes out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think so, it sure would be nice though!  

I've just watched the Adobe-Runtime-Support github so I get emailed whenever somebody posts there, so when I start seeing a bunch of issues being closed at once I check to see if there's a new version up that fixed those things 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I confirm that 33.1.1.190 fixed that issue...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines