• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Which version of Adobe AIR SDK supports iOS 9?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2015 Sep 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

Which version of Adobe AIR supports iOS 9?

I have one ANE which is integrated with AIR SDK 17 and my native iOS code is build with iOS 9 SDK. When I try to build the test app it gives me below error:

Error occurred while packaging the application:

ld: library not found for -lSystem.B

Was wondering if it's the version of AIR SDK that is causing the problem?

Any help will be appreciated.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 23, 2015 Sep 23, 2015

Hi niranjan99926198‌,

Please follow the following Workaround [Applicable only for MAC]

1. Download and install Latest Xcode version 7 (we tried on xcode7.2 beta )

2. Create a soft link or Copy the ld from Xcode path : /Applications/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/ld  to <AIR_SDK_PATH>/lib/aot/bin/ld64/ld64

I hope it solves the issue.

Roshan

Adobe Air

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you linking against the iOS 9 SDK when building the app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, my test app is getting build with iOS 9 SDK. PFB screenshot.Screen Shot 2015-09-21 at 12.14.27 pm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2015 Sep 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any pointers here? I am blocked on releasing my ANE to have iOS 9 support?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like the just-released AIR SDK 19 supports it: 9/21/2015 - Release - AIR 19 Runtime and SDK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kawikaheftel‌,

I tried with the above mentioned SDK also, but still the same error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you changed the namespace in your app descriptor xml to 19.0 and used whatever SWF version param you're supposed to, right?

Other than that, you might need to reference that library in your ANE's extension.xml. Or there might be bugs on adobe's end still.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed namespace in my application descriptor file to 19 and swf_version used is 30.

which library you want me to reference in my extension.xml file? In my extension.xml file it's mostly native libraries (*.a and *.jar files).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I mean is in developing my ANE, any referenced native iOS frameworks had to be declared in the <linkerOptions> section of platform.xml (sorry, not extension.xml).  For example, to use CoreData, you have to have <option>-framework CoreData</option> in your platform file.  Maybe this missing -lSystem.B thing is some sort of new library in iOS 9?  I've seen at least one other person have a problem with it here on the forum when trying to use an ANE they built.

sorry, I'm kind of grasping at straws here.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not using this library 'System.B' anywhere in my native iOS code. So not sure what's the need for adding to platform.xml file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, it was just a suggestion. good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can partially manage to get around the 'library not found' error by copying the libs from AIR SDK to iOS9 SDK but then it runs into problem with the default frameworks (CoreFoundation etc.) as these are a bit different than the ones shipped with AIR SDK.

Maybe Adobe could add some of the new iOS 9 frameworks to AIR SDK (HealthKit, ReplayKit etc.)? Or is there a way to make these frameworks compatible with AIR because linking them manually using <packagedDependency> does not work - ADT says the linked framework cannot be found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So does it mean with the latest SDK that got released on 21st Sept supports iOS 9? Because I was not able to get rid of the below error after integrating with it.

Error occurred while packaging the application:

ld: library not found for -lSystem.B

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2015 Sep 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi niranjan99926198‌,

Please follow the following Workaround [Applicable only for MAC]

1. Download and install Latest Xcode version 7 (we tried on xcode7.2 beta )

2. Create a soft link or Copy the ld from Xcode path : /Applications/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/ld  to <AIR_SDK_PATH>/lib/aot/bin/ld64/ld64

I hope it solves the issue.

Roshan

Adobe Air

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Roshan,

Just tried it with Xcode 7.0 bins and it seems to be working.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've spend whole day for the answer.

thank you, Roshan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, Thanks for the confirmation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Roshan,

Thank you very much for your help. I followed the steps mentioned by you and am able to get rid of the above error You saved my day!

So is it like Adobe AIR SDK version 19 supports iOS 9 or it's just a workaround to get rid of this error?

And if it's a workaround may I know when Adobe will release support for iOS 9?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi niranjan99926198‌

Yes, AIR supports iOS 9 and we're not aware of any major issues with AIR SDK and iOS 9, let us know if you come across. You can continue using the workaround till we update the ‘ld’ and other binaries in AIR SDK, it’s on priority for sure.

-Roshan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Roshan,

Thanks for the confirmation.

Can you please also help me in getting rid of below error?

Error occurred while installing the application:

Installation Error: ApplicationVerificationFailed.

The certificate I am using is not expired and it used to work before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please read the blog: Troubleshooting common Adobe AIR installation errors with iOS applications

I hope this helps.

Roshan

Adobe Air

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines