• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XCode 5.1 updated and now I can't debug AIR apps on iOS Simulator anymore

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2014 Mar 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today XCode updated itself to version 5.1, with new iOS 7.1 platform support. It updated itself without asking permission, and now I can't run my AIR apps on the iOS simulator anymore. All my apps fail with the following error:

'Launching [myApplication]' has encountered a problem.

Error occurred while installing the application:

dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/iPhoneSimulatorRemoteClient.framework/Versions/A/iPhoneSimulatorRemoteClient

Referenced from: /Applications/AIR_SDKS/AIRSDK_4.0.0.1628/lib/aot/bin/isb/isb

Reason: image not found

/var/folders/g1/014r026919j9fkv085ypt31r0000gn/T/cmd7720052456329253213.tmp: line 1:  2126 Trace/BPT trap: 5       "/Applications/AIR_SDKS/AIRSDK_4.0.0.1628/lib/aot/bin/isb/isb" "-install" "-apppath" "/var/folders/g1/014r026919j9fkv085ypt31r0000gn/T/eb03981d-5689-4bb5-821c-78ca84086393/Payload/[myApplication].app" "-sdkpath" "/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator7.1.sdk"

I use AIR SDK 4.0.1628 (the latest version according to the SDK download page today), and it doesn't make a difference if I choose another simulator version (7.0 and 6.1 fail the same way).

I'm developing in Flash Builder 4.7, on OS X 10.9.2

Any ideas of how to fix this? Will using the AIR 13 beta help?

Thanks, Frank

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 06, 2014 May 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats why i say... Adobe....please ... SUPPORT US...,they know this important issue long time ago..

Thanks for the info about sizes, Lets hope its like that , i'll give feedback later on .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2014 May 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could we get an update on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 09, 2014 May 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have asked the Flash team if I have permission to say that the Simulator problem is fixed on their current build, but they didn’t reply, so I can’t tell you that information.

I don’t know a date for when a fixed build will be available to you. Given that they didn’t reply to me, the hope would be that they are busy trying to get such a hypothetical build out to everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 10, 2014 May 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the Air 14 SDK today ( Download Adobe AIR 14 Beta - Adobe Labs ) . And finally I am able to launch it on Iphone simulator with Xcode 5.1.1 installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 10, 2014 May 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem for people here is trying to do that in Flash Pro. Even with AIR 14 the option to test on the simulator is grayed out in Flash Pro CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 11, 2014 May 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also using Flash Pro. But i am using "adt" , via terminal directly. I had been stuck, since last one month on this, after i had installed XCode 5.1 .  But with AIR 14, it seems the problem is solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can  you post your workflow, including your terminal command lines, for the rest of us? That'd be a big help ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im unable to get these commands to work, can you share the commands you specifically used to make it work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

inside the direcotry  air14_sdk_mac i have :
1) folder with name  "AppIconsForPublish" having icons ico-36.png, ico-48.png and ico-72.png
2) FINALAPP.ipa  (file created by first command)

3) swf file to be launched.
4) p12 file ( eg. CERTIFICATE.p12 )
5) descriptor.xml

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

./bin/adt -package -target ipa-test-interpreter-simulator -provisioning-profile <mobileprovision file name>  -keystore <certificate-name> -storetype <storetype> -storepass <password>  < ipa file name > <descriptor xml name >   AppIconsForPublish/ico-36.png AppIconsForPublish/ico-48.png AppIconsForPublish/ico-72.png  <swf-file-name> -platformsdk /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator7.1.sdk

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

./bin/adt -installApp -platform ios -platformsdk /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator7.1.sdk -device ios-simulator -package <ipa file name>

./bin/adt -launchApp -platform ios -platformsdk /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator7.1.sdk -device ios-simulator -appid <app-id in your descriptor.xml>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 12, 2014 May 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yay!! I can verify that Vishwas Gagrani's solution works!  Thank you BIG TIME!

It's a pain, but it works!

Now why can't Flash Pro update its package interface to use these adt commands? 

You really don't need to put everything in the air14_sdk_mac, that just makes the file paths less arduous to type in and keep accurate.  This should EASILY be able to be automated by Flash Pro.

But BIG THANKS to Vishwas!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 19, 2014 May 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem!
Thanks to Tom Krcha's blog actually

Regards,

Vishwas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you put for <store type>?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-storetype PKCS12

See Adobe AIR * ADT code signing options for more info on constructing this command.  This was a return to how things used to be done ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2014 May 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When can we expect an update to Flash to fix this issue?

I managed to use the work around but it turned out really laggy and some features aren't working properly despite performing perfectly fine on my real device. Its also a rather cumbersome way to test, so still using the AIR Debugger (Mobile) since its much faster to test (publishing to a device takes many minutes).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 19, 2014 May 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ David D   --  In my use of the simulator it worked great.  No lagging, everything worked, no problem.  Admittedly my app is not a game, so I don't have twitchy interactions.  That might make a difference, I don't know.

@Vishwas -- Yes, Tom Krcha's blog held the key, but his post was an old technique that had been superseded by newer Flash updates. I didn't think to retry it since I thought it wouldn't be of any use. BIG THANKS for pulling it out of the mothballs and putting it to use once again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2014 May 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any word on this status? I haven't noticed any progress on this issue despite update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 04, 2014 Jun 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the latest AIR SDK from labs (14.0.0.103) I'm still unable to test on the simulator, nor on my device from Flash CS6 or CC. (I have XCode 5.1.1)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2014 Jun 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A problem i am facing using the command line, to produce the IPA, is that for some reasons it does not include embedded.mobileProvision file into the IPA created. So, on simulator, everything is ok. But when trying to test using adhoc, it doesnot install on test iphone devices. Or when submitting to appstore it produces error.

On the other hand, when using Flash CS6.0 IDE to produce the IPA, it includes the embedded mobileprovision into the IPA, and hence one can test it on Iphone. But still cannot submit it to appstore, since XCode 5.1 and IOS 7 SDK is mandatory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just submitted an app using this method to the Apple iTunes App Store and it was accepted.  Here was my command for compiling for the AppStore:

./bin/adt -package -target ipa-app-store -provisioning-profile myApp.mobileprovision  -keystore distrib_cert_using_MYSECRETPASSWORD.p12 -storetype PKCS12 -storepass MYSECRETPASSWORD  myApp.ipa myApp_iOS_dev-app.xml myApp_iOS_dev.swf  Default.png Default-Portrait.png Default@2x.png Default-Portrait@2x.png Default-568h@2x.png Icons/icon-29.png Icons/icon-57.png Icons/icon-57@2x.png Icons/itunes.png Icons/icon-72.png Icons/icon-76.png Icons/icon-40.png Icons/icon-40@2x.png Icons/icon-50.png Icons/icon-50@2x.png Icons/icon-72@2x.png Icons/icon-76@2x.png Icons/itunes@2x.png Icons/icon-29@2x.png Icons/icon-120.png Icons/icon-48.png

with myApp replacing the real app name, Hope that helps ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the fixes in Flash Pro CC 2014, that came out yesterday, was the ability to test to the iOS Simulator.

It also has an option for faster packaging in the settings dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@lumenmedia :

Hi, can you please confirm if you get embedded.mobileprovision , inside the IPA  by using the terminal command ?  ( You can check that by replacing the extension to .zip and then looking into the package ) . That is the problem i am having, that i don't get it inside the IPA, and so gets rejected.

@Colin: Simulator testing goes fine with this method. ( using terminal command ) .

Regards,

Vishwas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@lumenimedia

I think, it's a typo, but to confirm, you forgot to add the  "-platformsdk parameter" in the above command. Isn't it ? I don't think it's possible to package it otherwise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah.. I just looked closely into your commandline  and found this -target  -ipa-app-store . I had been using "-ipa-test-interpreter-simulator" . So naturally this seems to

be problem at my side. Thanks lumenimedia .

So, i think, i am a step ahead, but now get this error, while trying to compile :

ld: library not found for -lgcc_s.1

Compilation failed while executing : ld64

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 21, 2014 Jun 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this error crop up when I had (accidentally) specified multiple targets. Check that you're not telling it to target for the app store somewhere and for something else (like the simulator) in another.

I checked and there is an embedded.mobileprovision in the .ipa

As I wrote earlier, the app I compiled with this command was approved and is now on the iTunes app store.

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines