• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

64 bit supported?

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm very frustrated with Flash Builder 4.7 and Air. For the last year+ I have not been able to get my games updated. Now most of my apps have been removed from the IOS and Play store. I really need to get them updated to 64 bit. I search for answers and I find are more people asking the same question - does Air 33 support 64 bit and if so what are the steps.

I have FB 4.7

I updated to Air 33.1 (which now you have to pay for - yes! more expenses I don't need)

I updated to Java 8 (which now you have to pay for - yes! more expenses I don't need)

I have a few ANEs that I use but had to strip those from the games because it wouldn't complie so I'm down to just the game code. The game complies but Play store is saying it's not 64 bit.

What do I have to change to get it to compile in 64 bit? Is it something in the XML file? If so, what? Is it some type of compile option inside some advance options menu? If so, what?

Sorry... I have to vent a little.

I use to love game programming but over the last 2 years it has become a nightmare. I feel like I spend 98% of my time fighting to get my apps to compile because some new updated requirement either by Google, Apple, Facebook, ANE packages, Advertisers and etc. I would love to just get back to programming. Am I alone in feeling this way? Shouldn't this be easier? I feel like way too many companies are involved and each one comes with a list of problems. Back in the day I use to write games, put them up for sale on my website and other sites for $20 per game and I only had to write for Windows. Now I spend most of my time trying to get the game to launch on multiple platforms (requiring lots of testing, forms and extra display graphics, icons and screenshots). Then asking for $1 seems to be a big ask. Not to mention every company wants you to pay for the punishment of using their system or software. I don't mind paying for good software but it seems like nothing works anymore. When issues come up they all point to the other company's software... it's never their issue. Building games is no longer fun and I would like to take this time to Thank all of the companies involved for ruining a good thing.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines